HybridZ

BRE Datsun Z -Sim

cygnusx1

Actually last time I played RACER was about 1.5 years ago. I had moved on to Live For Speed which is an AWESOME simulator also. Live for Speed is a bit more refined and can be purchased for about 20 bucks online. RACER on the other hand, free, was really great with a force feedback wheel. The RACER physics are great and the ability to tweak the car in an .ini (text) file is great. This is NOT a game. It is very difficult to get good lap times. It will teach you, no doubt. Most people try it and drop it because its too hard. They are used to those "fake" driving sims that make it easy to drive. Don't expect crash and damage and dancing girls in RACER. It is just a great physics and car control SIM and that's it. Try it, it's worth the price---FREE--Oh and you can drive the BRE 240Z and mod it too! It took me a while to set up the controls but it was well worth it.

Honestly, my driving game/sim experience is very limited. I started with Need for Speed which got boring pretty quickly. Then I found RACER and loved it for it's sim value. Then I bumped into Live for Speed which is offers a great Free Demo version. I played the Demo version for about a year while the three developers put out beta after beta until about a year and a half ago they released a "retail" version that you can buy from their site. If you like racing, you will like Live for Speed. It is designed for online competition and you earn points by winning public races. You can also pass along and retrieve car setups from online fellow racers with permission. DL the demo its sweet. http://www.liveforspeed.net/

I dont have much xperience with other driving games/sims.