HybridZ

Official I blew my HG thread.

Guest Cronic

Guest znow white

hmmm i think allot of people including me were waiting for that to happen just like the old sayin its just a matter of time kablamo :twisted: jk

though cronic i really have salute u on testing the limits on stock bottom well we now know roughly w/ IC how far to push it.

Well it held 20psi for almost a year on stock turbo. :) I upgraded the turbo sat, left it on 20psi, and didn't add enough fuel. The magic ingredient for a blown HG. :D

All's well, Im cleaning off everything today, and Im going to be putting everything back on tomorrow. Rest assured Im going to be soaking that air with lots of happy fuel. 10:1 a/f, here I come!

Guest bastaad525

The only gasket I ever blew was a felpro....

I've always liked there stuff, and I know there are guys here who run a lot of boost on felpro head gaskets with no issues... so I dunno. But after last time, I'll only ever use Nissan or the HKS metal gaskets.

Then again, there are those that say the stock Nissan's are no good at high boost as well.......

The only reason I blew the OEM gasket was too much detonation. The car is back together and faster then ever at only 15psi.

I drove the bridges tonight, to tune the beast a bit. I found out that I simply do not have the fuel for 20psi on this new turbo. I had it cranked 100% and still detonated at 4500rpm. So it's just too much air for my injectors.

So until the 2nd pump, the supra 440's, and the MSnS, I will stay at 15.

Im going to do some more bridge tuning to see if I can stay rich at 16/17/18psi. :)

Next weekend, Im off to the dyno for some low and high boost runs, to see how much power over the stocker I make. It feels like a good 20-30whp over the old turbo at 15psi. So we'll see.

Guest bastaad525

Well... I dunno if it means anything, but whenever I check the spark plugs, they are all even... no sign of the #5 being any different than the rest. But you can't argue the facts.... if something goes, it's almost always the #5 first.

Maybe run a slightly larger injector on it? :P:oops: