HybridZ

boss almost wrecks new gt40

randy 77zt

i work at a ford dealer.2 days ago we got a gt40 in.it came in a covered truck on a private carrier-not on the open trucks.it had a coolant leak right off of the truck.it takes another tech 4 hours to fix it.it had to have an access cover removed from in side the car for access to front of motor.i knew they wouldnt let me drive it-i have a reputation for scary test drives.yesterday i was off work for a gastroscopy .today i heard the service manager got it sideways and almost ended up in the dodge dealership across the street.since that jacka$$ was hired all the techs havent made any money.but i really doubt he will get a chance to drive that car any more.the general manager at the dodge dealer called the gm up work.busted!it would be better if service manager would drive it more-maybe darwin will catch up to him.nothing like a short wheelbase ,lots of torque and large cold tires.i really dont think they will sell this car on the d plan-that is a ford sponsered plan for dealership employees to buy cars slightly under cost.sticker price $169000.i heard about $200000 dealer pacs.i would pass on a ford-its full of left over parts shared from other models.did you know a gt40 has a steering column out of a focus?

I read a car and driver article comparing it to a Ferrari and that crazy Saleen car. It was a performance comparison, the GT came in way last, I was pretty disappointed.

Who cares whether it's the absolute fastest? It's still freaking fast out of the box by any definition, and it's got the most voluptuous bodywork on the planet.

There will always be someone that's faster, someone that's more expensive, or someone that's more exotic than yours. If your dreams are based on being the absolute best, you'll forever be disappointed. And why should I care that it's got a Focus' steering column? As long as it works right, who cares?