HybridZ

Aerodynamics: use them. a lot

auxilary

Guest Tht1KSguy

Good thing he gave the roof a good wax job before his run :D He couldn't think about the chute b/c he was too busy thinking "don't lift.. don't lift" until well after he was upside down bonk.gif But hey at least we know a rotary will run upsidedown until the fuel pickup sucks air. rockon.gif

i think that idiot was trying to turn it. if you look close and slow it down, right before he gets goofy look at his right side compared to his left. thats the only thing i can figure. why would you push a car that fast if you were not sure it would take the speed

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by biohzrd:

why would you push a car that fast if you were not sure it would take the speed

I ask myself that everytime I twist the tail on my HybridZ.... :D

Regards,

Lone

Actually, he got rear wheel spin at over 215 mph when the engine came on the turbo again in 5th gear and then he lifted off the throttle too much. One of the big issues with going fast on the salt is traction.

A couple years ago there was a Extreme Machines show on TLC that focused on fast vehicles. One segment had a blue Dodge Viper racing Don Vesco's Turbinator at El Mirage Dry Lake. That Viper was(is) Erik Messley's and he got severe wheel spin at 220mph.

FYI... the Viper would smoke the Turbinator from a standing start through the entire length of the 6 mile course. But from a rolling start at 180mph the Turbinator would walk the Viper all the way to its 300+ mph course limited top speed.

Some photos are here if you're interested: Viper vs. Turbinator