HybridZ

hehehe Z can go back in garage daddy has a new daily driver

Guest the_dj

6 speed manual

Powered by an LS1. :) Just a Z06 cam in this one...little more than stock WS6 but still drives like a stock cam. Longtube headers but stock exhaust past that. Quiet for regular driving!! (Cut-out is installed but only comes off for track)

tn20Jun_002.jpg

That procharger isn't one of those "few cheap mods"... lol.

Now Sam... do you know what Daily Driver means? Try and conserve some of that gasoline so you arent making stops every 5 seconds to refill and let your foot rest. :wink:

Nice find... how much did this one end up costing you?

-Vann

That procharger isn't one of those "few cheap mods"... lol.

Now Sam... do you know what Daily Driver means? Try and conserve some of that gasoline so you arent making stops every 5 seconds to refill and let your foot rest. :wink:

Nice find... how much did this one end up costing you?

-Vann

20K :shock: Amazing price that's why I jumped :o

Daddy's pissed!! :x

I guess agreeing to buy the car, setting up a time to go to his place to do the deal, taking out a loan, and arranging for two people to travel 900 miles for it doesn't mean too much. :x :x

Look at the lovely email I got from him:

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was in Nashville with someone who is also interested in the car. He is going to get back to me tommorrow about gettimg it. It would be easier for me to do a local area sale. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks

Man I cannot believe this! He knew I was traveling from Texas to Kentucky for the car and he agreed to sell it to me!! AHGHAHGHGHHG Also, it's not like I'm delaying travel! I'm headed there on Tuesday... AGGG

My reply to him:

You need to let him know that he can only have it if our deal falls though. I already made travel arrangements for two to head out that way like I said...

Sam

His reply back:

I understand what you are saying but this is alot closer for me. And it is still my car to sell. I will let you know. Thanks

Unfortunately he is right... You're stuck. I'd not buy the car on principle now.. Lot of VERY nice and very customized F-bodies out there, as well as some nice C5s in that price range... I'd not take it to hard... Just means you might get an even BETTER deal. Guys like him make buying and selling a real chore.

mike 8)

Yeah, I already told him I'm out for sure. I'll find another...

Last week I had another seller in Arlington jerk me around as well. Said the interior and exterior were in great condition. I get there and the first thing I notice when I step out of the car: wtf...the body panels don't line up??? The car had been in an accident and was terribly put back together. Then I see the inside and the gauges were messed up and there was a big hole in the driver's side a-piller where someone had tried to install a gauge pod and the gauge for it was in the passenger seat. Entire day wasted--I soooo wanted to smash his face for that **** but I just got in the car and drove four hours back home. :(

Car fax... Best $40 you will spend. My little brother bought a 2002 Honda Accord and it looked like new... I even had it on the lift... they did a hell of a job repairing it. About a month ago I bought a month long subscription to Carfax as I was looking for (And still am!) a car for the wife... Plugged my little brothers Vin into the database... Car has a SALVAGE TITLE... Has been involved with a HEAD ON Collision... Yea, it looks good and was priced very well, for a good reason. The likelyhood that someone else will give him a reasonable retail price for the car is pretty low... Last thing you want to do is get stuck with someone else's bad decision!

Happy hunting!

Mike 8)

Car fax... Best $40 you will spend. My little brother bought a 2002 Honda Accord and it looked like new... I even had it on the lift... they did a hell of a job repairing it. About a month ago I bought a month long subscription to Carfax as I was looking for (And still am!) a car for the wife... Plugged my little brothers Vin into the database... Car has a SALVAGE TITLE... Has been involved with a HEAD ON Collision... Yea' date=' it looks good and was priced very well, for a good reason. The likelyhood that someone else will give him a reasonable retail price for the car is pretty low... Last thing you want to do is get stuck with someone else's bad decision!

Happy hunting!

Mike 8)[/quote']

Carfax on this one was clean. Some shops (especially ones that can't even do a repair right) don't report the accident.

In my experience, you can't trust Carfax. I bought a car that I KNEW had a salvage title - the seller told me all about it and was completely honest. I ran a Carfax just for "fun" and it came back completely clean :oops:

Just for "fun" again, I tried to take Carfax up on their "Guarantee". I forget what it was, but it was something like they would pay you $$$ if they screwed up. Well, what do you know, they have enough fine print buried within their multiple web pages that their "Guarantee" is virtually impossible to collect. Who woulda guessed!?!

Immediately after I contacted Carfax, the info on this car mysteriously changed to a salvage title. Hmmmm . . .

FWIW, you can get the same (and more) info from the state DMV for a lot cheaper (in NC, it is $5 or so), it just takes a little longer, a few days or a week.

So with Carfax, as with most anything else, BUYER BEWARE