HybridZ

Installed back window

zdmz

I contacted the one and only local glass guy to come an put my back window and the windshield in for me. He quoted me $60 an hour and said it would take 3 hours to install. I got him down to two hours if I install the trim... I was still kind of choking on that but said ok. He was supposed to show up Saturday morning so I was dinking with the car trying to get the doors aligned.....again :x .....whilst waiting for the guy. Anyway, about 11 o'clock he still has not shown, so I get the back glass and the gasket.... found some lawn trimmer line and a paint can opener, you know... the tools of professionals.... the next thing you know the window is in. :D It would have been easier with two people but it wasn't that hard to do.

I plan on doing the windshield in the next day or two and saving $120.

I am really having fun working on the car... I am doing a lot of things I have never done before. (though I could be a lot better at body work)

I installed the windshield last night. It is much harder to do than the glass in the hatch but still it was not that bad. I had help this time and I don't think I could have gotten it in without the help. You really need someone to push on the glass from the outside while pulling the "zip cord" from the inside.

One tip. After the glass is installed use the handle side of a plastic putty knife and push along the edges between the glass and the gasket to smooth out any waves or whoop de doos in the gasket. Worked like a charm. :D

Can't wait for the glass guy to call to make another appointment :mrgreen:

I can't believe people try to run a business without showing up.

Come to my town. It's the expected norm here. You wouldn't believe the shocked looks I get when I show up.

I showed up to fix an air conditioner this last summer. The customer had been waiting quite a while for the previous contractor to return with the right part. SEVEN YEARS!!! :shock: Yup, it's true. They would call once a year to see if the part had come in yet.

It was a common universal relay. I have at least five or six on my truck at all times. :roll:

You know, they weren't even angry at the other guy????? :(

I can't believe people try to run a business without showing up.

Come to my town. It's the expected norm here. You wouldn't believe the shocked looks I get when I show up.

I showed up to fix an air conditioner this last summer. The customer had been waiting quite a while for the previous contractor to return with the right part. SEVEN YEARS!!! :shock: Yup' date=' it's true. They would call once a year to see if the part had come in yet.

It was a common universal relay. I have at least five or six on my truck at all times. :roll:

You know, they weren't even angry at the other guy????? :([/quote']

Only seven years :shock::shock:

Wow, are you saying they went without A/C for that long?

Not exactly. The previous contractor had Jerry rigged it. Suffice it to say, the thermostat was hanging off the wall on one screw with some wires sticking out from behind it. They had to twist together three wires together to bring on the A/C, then untwist them to shut it off when it got too cold. If they left two wires connected the unit would freeze up. When they discovered this they would untwist them and then the ice would melt and water would pour in from the ceiling. :roll:

Not exactly. The previous contractor had Jerry rigged it. Suffice it to say, the thermostat was hanging off the wall on one screw with some wires sticking out from behind it. They had to twist together three wires together to bring on the A/C, then untwist them to shut it off when it got too cold. If they left two wires connected the unit would freeze up. When they discovered this they would untwist them and then the ice would melt and water would pour in from the ceiling. :roll:

It's funny the things some people will put up with. I run into these kind things all the time at work. Everytime I goto a new store I find things that don't work and haven't for a long time. I usally get kinda irked and tell someone to call and get it fixed. I'm usally a hero after that. Not sure why?