HybridZ

R230 Selection and Gear Ratios?

speeder

I'm starting to contemplate an R230 Conversion, and am doing research on the available ratios, plus how to identify which one to get.

So far, I understand that the 300ZXTT were all R230s with 3.7 and some Infiniti Q45s were R230s with 3:54.

Is this correct?

Also, in my research I didn't catch how to determine how to make sure I'm getting a Q45 R230 instead of the R200 Variety ( Model, year, etc.)- Looking to have enough info to be able to purchase online.

Maybe a good subject for a sticky.

Rick

I believe that there was a thread not too long ago on this. I found out that my "R230 Q45" was really an R200 in 'R230 clothing'! If I recall, the R230 has more bolts on the cover plate (8 or 10 vs. 6?). I'm also pretty sure that Tim240Z has all of the details....

May I also suggest that you shop local junkyards before purchasing online. This diff is incredibly heavy!! The cost to ship will make it prohibitive...

yep, the Armada has my differential in it for Bonneville.

With the unavailability of 3.36 and 3.08 gearsets for the R200 any longer, I will be forced to use an Armada R230 in the ZX. I was shocked :shock: and amazed :shock: to find that the Armada was IRS in the back! Followed and Armada on I5 for almost an hour in a rental car before the owner stopped to use the head. While in there, I took the chance to examine her rearend and much to my suprise, it was just what I was looking for! :shock: