HybridZ

Tokico HPK251 Suspension Kit (Springs and Struts)

While searching the web for a good price on Tokico Performance struts for my 240Z I came across two dealers that sell Tokico suspension kits. Each kit includes a set of Tokico Performance struts and a set of Tokico springs. I emailed each dealer and asked them to confirm the type of struts included and the spring rates. If they are the same springs that MSA sells then they should be 140#/in. front and 165#/in. rear. Here are the dealers and the prices for the kits:

Direct Source Outlet located in San Diego, CA. 1-800-877-1911

HPK251 kit with non-adjustable struts: $380.97

ILK252 kit with adjustable Illumina struts: $591.97

Link: http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/tokico/products?ajr_skey=f46b4ed5b716e6cc2ffdabbc02b1cff0

Spliting Imagez located in Irwindale, Ca. 1-866-358-8799

HPK251 kit with non-adjustable struts: $363.38

ILK252 kit with adjustable Illumina struts: $541.78

Link: http://www.splittingimagez.com/contact.htm

Has anyone bought this kit or done business with these dealers?

Miles

I purchased an HPK251 kit a couple of months ago. The front springs are definitely progressive not linear. You can tell by inspection, and Tokico confirmed this. They also said that the springs are the same in both kits. I wound up reselling my kit and purchasing coilovers.

As long as you are okay with getting progressive springs, then it's probably a good deal. Search for discussions in regards to progressive springs and you'll find a great deal of posts regarding them.