HybridZ

(Suggestion) Classifieds change

tyson

I dont post here that often, but I am usually lurking a few days out of the week.

On the old forum design the classifieds forum was a happenin place, with a lot of parts/cars being sold.

Seems like the users are not taking well to the new system (probably because they are bookmarked to the forums instead of the main page).

Have you considered putting a classified forum back up?

Thanks

- Tyson

We had members who felt the need to do one of three things:

A: Hijack Someone's forsale thread for their own gain

B: Misrepresent items and SCREW MEMBERS out of a sale

C: Debate the asking price vs. worth of parts...

Quite honestly we all miss the old format, and I'd like to have it back as well... But our membership RUINED it for YOU, ME and everyone who could act mature and adult on the FORSALE BB... And those who ruined it KNOW who I'm referring to, since I PMed and warned them time and again about their conduct.

These days we just ban people for being jerks, so maybe it would survive in this ONE STRIKE era!

Mike

These days we just ban people for being jerks, so maybe it would survive in this ONE STRIKE era!

I agree.. there are rules here for all the forums, and if they arn't followed, it's a sure way to get baned. I think as it is now, all the mods/admins would have to set specific rules and guidelines, and it would work.

Someone hijacks a post to under cut a seller? Boot em. Sorry dude, it's at the top in the "PLEASE READ THIS" topic.

Screw someone over? You're gone. Obviously, it is the buyers responsibility to CHECK parts as soon as they are recieved, and the sellers responsibility to not mis-represent crap as 'gold'.

And as for asking price/worth of parts.. hey; it's all about what you're willing to spend. If you offer a seller to little, and he says "no.. I won't go that low.." , that's that. Doesn't mater if 'it's not worth half that price!!' It is the SELLERS property, and they can ask anything they want.

That sucks.

I do know what you mean. I am an active member on a local car forum where all the regular members are a pretty tight nit bunch. We all go drinking or help each other with our cars on a regular basis. But a lot of the guys feel the need to chime into other's for sale ads with useless comments. Which does make it hard to sell items.

Maybe you should take the Something Awful approach? Their forum has 51,599 registered members, ~2,000 - 10,000 are online and posting at any given time...So you can imagine the amount of moderation that has to be done for the forum to survive. Their rules are http://www.somethingawful.com/forumrules/

Their most used rule is "These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible." What that means is "Dont be an idiot...If you are an idiot you will be banned". They had 10 people banned today, which is actually a slow day for them.

Now that I am actually close to picking a motor/trans for my hybridZ...your old classifieds forum is badly missed.