HybridZ

C5 Rear Transmission

Chewievette

I doubt this would fit correctly but I figured it couldn't be too bad of an idea. It should help solve the weight ratio when dropping in other motors. especially big motors. What do you think? I'm not too familiar with the Z's enough to know. But just thought I'd throw out the idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33727&item=7941087678&rd=1

Z's with SBC's don't really have a weight distribution issue. Mount an aluminum head SBC in the JTR position with an R200 out back and the car will have a slight rear weight bias (at least Ron Tyler measured a 49/51 front to rear ratio with an LT1/t56 set up).

I think a vette is significantly wider than a Z, so that will further complicate such a swap. I would imagine the engine-rear end separation will be fixed by the torque tube, so you had better hope the vette and Z are nearly the same length also.

It is worth looking into, but I think it is quickly reaching the point that if you want a vette, why not just buy a vette.

My 2 cents.

Because Money is ALWAYS an issue. I simply cant afford a vette, not a C5 anyways! Plus I'd rather just put all my spare change into this V12 swap I'm working on. I was thinking this tranny because this 12 is a bit heavier than an sbc... I think. How much does a SBC weigh anyways? this BMW V12 is 520lbs.

Guest DiZeased_240

Based on the amount of modifications that would be involved with rear diff tranny and all the time you spent trying to make it work... you actually might come close to the price of a vette.