HybridZ

Heheheh......Im a moron!

80LS1T

He's a funny little story for ya.....

So I was at work this past Saturday. I got a work order for a "tranny flush and filter" on a 99' Ram 1500. So I go to parks get my filter and gasket. Come back fill up the tranny flusher. Then I proceed to take down the tranny pan with my 3/8" 9.6 volt makita electric impact(these things are great!FYI). So after I get all but 2 of the bolts out I put my hand under the pan to keep pressure on it so that the pan doesnt drop when I take the last 2 bolts out. Well when I was taking out the last bolt some fluid spilled out and got all over my electric impact, no big deal happens all the time......

So later when Im working on a Durango lock actuator I decied to go get my cordless impact to take the door panel off. Well its still all full of tranny fluid so I spray some(ok it was a lot) brake clean on it an proceed to clean it off. Well I decieded that if I hit the trigger it would dry out the inside of it.........wrong move! Yeah even though you cant see any sparks in side from the electric motor.........their there!!!!!! So the brake clean ignited along with the brake clean that was on MY HAND into a huge fire ball!!!!!!!! Yeah so I throw the impact on the ground........that spatters brake clean in about a 3' circle......floor starts on fire(concrete).........yeah my hands still on fire right now........so I start waving my hand around like a mad man.....put the fire out on my hand afte about 2-3 seconds of it looking like the olympic torch!!!!...........then i blew out the fire on teh floor and my impact! yeah there's no hair on my hand any more and holy $hit talk about a wake up call at 10 o'clock in the morning!

My hand is fine and so is my impact, only the brake clean burned so all is good but it sure was a scary few seconds let me tell ya!

Yeah I felt like a moron! Just cause you can't see the sparks from the electric motor doesnt mean their not there!!!!!!!!:oops:

Guy

haha i did that once at my friends house but just a tad different.

i just did a brake job with my friend on his WS6 and just when i was about to finish up (had brake fuild all over my pants for some reason and some on arm) my friend who was inside asked if i could just weld something up quick for him.

so i drop what im doing and start to weld these pipes together.. well i guess when i was welding some hot sparks shot on my pants and arm and i went up into a blaze of glory!

so what do you do when your on fire? Stop Drop and Roll!!

i did so but rolled right into a bucket of oil :( wasnt a fun night!

mike

OK,I can top that.I was at a crowded bar a couple of years ago(ok 15 years).The crowd was very heavy.I turned around from the group I'm talking to to light up a smoke and behind me is a girl with long bushy blond hair and a real fuzzy sweater with her back to me.Evidently she has poured on the hairspray cause when I flicked my bic,a small blue flame crawled up her sweater and into her hair.I FREAKED OUT and quickly patted her on the back to put out the flame,she spun around and asked what I was doing? I said I thought she was someone else but the smell of burning hair was everywhere.She never figured out what happened but man could that have gone COMPLETELY wrong!! I was a wreck after that,talk about a buzzkill.

When I was sixteen I worked at a Huskey Truck Stop(canadians will understand). Me and the guys were on break and we went back to enjoy a smoke in the huge sand parking lot where all the trucks park. Evidently someone had emptied a large amount of flamable liquid on the ground (gas it must have been). Anyways I dropped my butt and was instantly standing in 3 foot green flames. Everyone literally jumped back and went bananas. I was fine but the soles of my shoes were melted. I will never forget looking down and seeing my entire legs below the thighs emersed in flame.

These are great! :lol: I had something like this happen to me (of course). It was winter of last year, so I was down in the basement cleaning some parts and not outside, because it was to damn cold. My place to clean the parts were over a Rubbermade storage bin (15 gallons?) that I have been using for a trash can. I pulled out my Advanced Auto brake cleaner and went to town with all the excess dripping into the trash can. About an hour later, a buddy comes by and wants me to weld some stuff up for him. Being that it was still freeking cold out, I used my Lincoln welder downstairs... next to my trash can. As soon as I started welding, I hear a loud WHOOOOPF and feel a good amount of heat on my right side. I pull off my welding helmet to see the inside of my trash can on fire. Not having any water or fire extinguisher nearby, my buddy grabs the flamming trash can and runs up the stairs, throws open the side door, and tosses the container outside where I was able to throw some water on it. Now THAT was a close one. The moral of the story was...

!M!

The only stupid thing I recall doing with fire is chasing after a spider with a lighter and an aerosol can. Of course all this chasing happened to be in the laundry room. I found out that day that lint is EXTREMELY flammable :D

There was a kid in my city who did that.... got the spider, but took the house with it.

Guest Z-rific

I was shooting pool with a buddy of mine in a club one night. We were beating all takers. These two guys we're shooting are talking to me and one says "Dude, your partners on fire." I replied "Yeah, he's shooting good tonight." and he said "No, I mean he's really on fire."

I look over and the overly furry sweater he was wearing had a eerie blue flame running up and down the arms. So my parnter starts patting out the flames. No big deal.

I walked over to him and asked if everything was cool. He said "No problem, do you think anybody saw it?" Of course, about 30 people were pointing and laughing.

We still laugh about it years later. Turns out the only thing that burned was the detergent on the sewater.

I have 2 stories like this but neither are my own adventures.

1. A good friend of mine was at a party at my house and we were drinking jelly-beans. These taste like jelly-beans but you light the top layer of alcohol which you then blow out before drinking. Well this guy was way under and forgot to blow it out first. There was flame coming out of his nose and mouth but he didn't even know it. He felt it after a few seconds and was able to blow it out but it burned all his nose hair and mustache. He smelled burned hair for days after that but was not really hurt.

2. I was in the Air Force working at a Nuclear Lab. The section of the lab where I worked processed atmospheric gas samples and we used lots of glass tubing. Some of us were trained to work with the glass using methane torches. We always worked under a fume hood which was supposed to be turned on. One day the "brightest" amoung us decided to see what would happen if he filled the fume hood full of methane and then touched it off. He proceeded to run the torch unlit for about 15 minutes in the hood and then grabbed a striker and clicked it once. Blew the fume hood to pieces and threw the goober across the room minus "ALL" the hair on his head (including eye lasses, brows and mustache). Unfortunaely he wasn't hurt bad enough to make an impression and he went on to other dangerous adventures. Needless to say after that the Lab instituted some preventive measures to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Wheelman

Hey, I got one that I saw, but wasn't me that it happened to.

About 3 years ago I was over at my uncles house watching him work on his 71 mustang. As I recall he was at the time replacing a broken (or so he thought) motor mount. Turns out the mount itself was fine, just the rubber grommit type thing that insultates it was dry and cracked, so he got a replacement grommit, and proceeded to wash off the parts... in kerosene. Now, I'm told that lots of people use gasoline and kerosene to clean parts, they make great solvents, but then, after he finished replacing the mount, he went outside to light up a cigarette, and the fumes from kerosene on his hands ignited into a fireball that burned off this mustache, half his beard and his eyebrows. I laughed my ass off for like 20 minutes. Didn't even phase him though, he just shaved off the rest of the beard the next day and went back to work, still cleanin parts with kerosene. :roll: