HybridZ

Should I buy this car?

violacleff

Well i've finally settled on the fact that my Z will not be running for a long long time. I paid my friend 200 bucks to use his 92 corrola LE for the month and I got rearended about 7 days later. I've been using the rental that the insurance gave him but today's my last day. The car was totalled out but still runs well. If a car is hit at 35-45 by a honda civic do you think there could be any significant damage to the suspension that would make it unsafe to drive? I think I could buy the car off of him for $300 and use it as a beater/daily driver until the curse lifts off my Z :-). What do you guys think? OH yeah the two right doors don't really shut perfectly anymore but they will close is that a frame issue?

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Maybe in SoCal money, but no in SE money. You can buy a good running car with only cosmetic defects around here for $250. I've bought cars for $150 and driven them home. $400 for a wrecked '92 Corolla POS is a strech. I recently bought a '92 Talon in mint condition for $600.

$400 for a good running car with rear end damage is a fair price. If you rent a car it's $200 a week depending on where you rent it from, it's only going to be a beater anyway. Use the car for a year and just go to Pep Boys for their $99 for a set of cheapo tires when they wear out.

NO.. i am all about cheap vehicles

I just picke dup my 300zx for free. just needs rust repair and the intake reinstalled and a new battery

Got my 86 blazer for free

Bought my 89 Accord lxi for $500

but my wifes probe wasnt so cheap :)

And i am looking to buy a 1997 Saturn sc1 with 120k miles in really nice shape for $500

So, do not buy that corolla

Yotas can be very good vehicles.. reliable, good on fuel, ect... but I would stay away from that one.. with cash damage, it's a parts car at best.. at worst, crush it into a cube. From what you describe, the car took the impact just like it was designed to: It crumpled and bent. I wouldn't feel safe drving around in it evryday... If it was a high dollar car (say.. Volvo, BMW, Porsche, ect) IMO it'd be worth FIXING and then driving.. but corrolas are like butholes... they're evrywhere. :lol: I'd look around some more for a daily driver..