HybridZ

L28et

jbwetzels

Hi all, i am new to this forum but i think i might be at the right place, at the moment i am working on a l28et but am missing the turbo and manifold and am looking for the right hybrid turbo for this project and trying to figure out what the best manifold to get is and if there is an aftermarket one, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Just use a stock exhaust manifold from a ZX turboengine. For increased flow, try to port it a bit, and ceramic coating would be a nice thing to do too. This is something I'll do on mine. Instead of spending much money on an exhaust manifold, I'd rather use the money on a good T3/T04 hybrid turbo if I were you, and on a good engine management system as Haltech, Electromotive, Autronic etc, or megasquirt or something like that.

And remember to get a 60mm throttlebody from a nissan 240sx instead of the stock 50mm throttlebody, and of course a good intercooler and plumbing.

These things listed are the most important and efficient upgrades to a stock L6 turboengine. I wouldn't waste my money on an expensive one-off exhaust manifold.

ok well this is going to be an absoultue amatures question but what is the diffrence between a stock T3 and a T3/T04 they sound exactly the same i dont understand that the hybrid would have a bigger flow, also that information is great, is it worth going for an a'pexi power fc or are they crap?

From what I have been told it is a cut and weld job - I am looking at doing this to my manifold (might be an adapter plate job not sure I have not gotten this far - if another Ozzy/Kiwi can help please do). I have yet to locate a 65mm TB (have not had the time to visit the junk yards). From the research I have done Ford Falcons have 2 sizes 65mm and 68mm. The 65mm can be found on the XF Series I the 68mm are on the Series II and above models (if another Ozzy can correct me please do). I have even heard of a turbo MX5 with this size TB in this part of the world. Have a look at http://www.240z.id.au/ under fuel and electrics this is what Simon has done to his manifold.

You can get a throttle body from just about any of the N/A nissan engine's, i got mine from a SR18, but they look to be the same as the RB20 as well, i have 2 more laying in my factory.

I had to make a 25mm thick adapter to use the factory throttle linkage, you can see it on my web page http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jpatmore/

Later Jeremy