HybridZ

Gas tanks on 260 Z

jack46

I'm changing to an LT1 in my 260. I am concerned about fuel starvation under hard acceleration. Does a 280 have better baffling, and will it fit in a 260?

I plan to modify tank to accept a Vortech internal tank pump but prefer not to require 1/2 tank of gas to accelerate hard.

Thanks

I would just convert yours to a proper baffled/intank pump. Pumps are cheaper and I NEVER have fuel issues. Get a donner tank. A MKIII Supra or Z31 Z has the perfect hight and good baffles/sumps. I used a MKIII tank.

There are pics of my tank on my site. I would post a pic but it's temporarily down again.

Thanks for the inputs. I have one Z in area but of course it is a 77, and has sat in field for....I might add a sump or something in line to 'hold' some fuel to avoid starvation.

A friend has an idea not sure if it is practical yet. Thanks for all the inputs. Will let all know where I end up I am focusing on finishing rebuilding the LT1 it had a bad rod and crank but for 200 can't expect alot.

It is an oiron hgeaded one but I will put in a Camaro cam so should be a decent daily driver with punch. It right now has a 383 and 4.11 will start with a milder stall ~2000 effective and should do ok then change to 3.54