HybridZ

JTR LS1 header fittment issues.

DaleMX

There are a couple of fitment issues with the new JTR LS1 headers. The first is a picture of interference from the block that keeps the drivers side header from sealing. The unused boss on the block will need to be clearanced for the header. I noticed it when trial fitting the headers and noticing that the flange was being held about 1/16" away from the head at the bottom of the exhaust port.

http://www.circuitflex.com/Fittment1.jpg

The second issue is with the oil pressure switch setup that John’s cars sends. The header will interfear with it so it will have to be moved to the stock pressure switch location. That will require a M16 X 1.5 adaptor, but should fit just fine.

http://www.circuitflex.com/Fittment2.jpg

Please note that I have not contacted Mike at JTR with these issues yet but wanted to warn anybody that bought the headers about this before they try to install them and cause some damage to the header. I will call Mike on Monday and inform him unless I see him in this thread.

HEY DALE!!!!

I can answer those 2 questions. If you remember I have the same headers as you but I got mine much earlier, custom made and alot more money!(sanderson) Also, as you know John's kit. Mike Knell is totally aware of these 2 problems, well not sure about the o.p.s. He even asked my opinion about shaving a little off the block. I didn't have a problem with it and neither did MAS280, KHASHIBI1 or 1FLYFAST1.

For oil pressure go to the LS1 location and get an adapter. The stock G.M. one will read backwards with Datsun gauge.

JOEY

P.S. Aren't they nice!!!!

Thanks Mark, and Joey. Now I know I'm not alone, or got the wrong headers.

I have had to cut sections of the LS1 block 3 times now. The first was to put an LS6 valley tray in for a cleaner PCV system, then it was to make room for the passenger side engine mount from John, now the headers.

Joey, where did you get your o.p.s. adapter?

Mike PM'd me. They are going to post these issues on their web page with the headers so all will know. Thanks Mike! Mike has always responded fast to me and is on my list of great vendors.

The more I look at the headers the more I realize how nice they are. I can't wait to get my engine installed to I can get them hooked up so I can go to my next set of problems, running the 2 1/2" exhaust with 2 16" long Borla's and not scraping the ground.

I say spring, but you know how it goes with conversions. I plan on driving it all summer to figure out all the bugs so I can work on it again next fall and winter. Then I'll start some body work.

I hope the engine runs ok and that the wiring doesn't crap out on me before I have the chance to replace it all.

The engine has 28,000 on it, but I have never run it. The compression is good but the previous owner didn't change the oil much. I put a different set of heads on it, a cam, a timing chain, oil pump, rockers, springs, retainers, and pushrods. I have a new clutch and flywheel to get installed and then I'm ready to put it in. I bought the companion flanges from Ross for the CV upgrade, and am going with a 175/225 coilover setup with illumina's. Wheels are most likely Konig Moonsoons 16 X 7, with 205 55's in the front and 225 50's in the rear. Along with that I have a 6 pt roll bar and front and rear strut supports to try to keep it straight until I can re-enforce the frame. To go along with the CV's I have a 3.7 clutch style LSD.

I dont plan on having all that stuff installed before driving the car. I'll get it on the road and mod as I go.