HybridZ

anyone interested in a hid headlights

datsun327

i just made a set of hid headlights for my 260.

using G35 hid and sone 7" unsealed housings they look like these

---->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=7948849269&rd=1

i can get my hands on other sets of hids and considering making a few more sets. the set would simply replace you stock headlight. it will also come with the ballest and all other nessecery wiring. all you need is power and ground from your stock headlights to get them working.

will have pictures posted tonight of the lights-wiring-hids-ballest.

how much do you think it would be worth for a set like this.considering starting pricing around 250-300.00 just throwing it out there. if this in to much what do you think is a reasonable price **no low balling PLEASE**

also have a set of projector head lights in the works. will be using projector similer to AUDI lights

Guest jjohart

I can't believe I'm the only one who has noticed that what this fellow has on hand/is selling is not TRUE High Inductive Capacitance Discharge lighting at all, but a blue tinted standard halogen incandescent bulb. There are plenty of studies showing how this bulb doesn't even meet the spread and intensity of regular halogen bulbs of this type. My advice would to skip this fake rice, and be wary of an upcoming "Audi" reflector type, unless the seller can put honesty into his product and either state it is a standard blue tinted halogen light source, or use appropriate GENUINE H.I.D bulbs, which work universally ONLY with ballasts!

Nice fluted 7" bulbs though...they'd look great on my Yamaha Vino scooter!

John-83 280ZXT, using Sylvania aux HID lights with REAL ELEMENTS/BALASTS

im no expert, but i think you should re-read the first post. he says they look like the ones on ebay(i think he is just using them as a reference) but he is using G35 parts, and states you get a ballist.

Guest 240zJake

I saw what the bulbs looked like; I want to know what the pattern it throws on a wall will look like. HID is really bright and if the pattern for the low beam doesn’t draw a line across the wall at waist (?) height, they are illegal by DOT standards, plus they piss the guy ahead of you off.

I can't believe I'm the only one who has noticed that what this fellow has on hand/is selling is not TRUE High Inductive Capacitance Discharge lighting at all' date=' but a blue tinted standard halogen incandescent bulb. There are plenty of studies showing how this bulb doesn't even meet the spread and intensity of regular halogen bulbs of this type. My advice would to skip this fake rice, and be wary of an upcoming "Audi" reflector type, unless the seller can put honesty into his product and either state it is a standard blue tinted halogen light source, or use appropriate GENUINE H.I.D bulbs, which work universally ONLY with ballasts!

Nice fluted 7" bulbs though...they'd look great on my Yamaha Vino scooter!

John-83 280ZXT, using Sylvania aux HID lights with REAL ELEMENTS/BALASTS[/quote']

please...take one of these... tn_Chill_Pill.jpg

• 1 year later...