HybridZ

New here

MrBonk

And im very happy to find a Z forum that has other z owners with v-8's and even ford v-8 people to boot:)

I have had my z for about 12 years now and it has had the ford in it from the start when i bought it.It used to be a 82 HO with 4 speed but i have updated it to a 93 setup with a 5-speed.

Now im redoing everything on it body to wiring to the hole car.

The eng is a 93 block but i installed a f303 cam with a full trick-flow heads rockers and so . On the top is a tunnel ram with 2-holley 450's.

Anyways i looking forward to meeting you all and mabey , i mean i hope to have my car done by the west coast show in LA

laterz

P.S when i figue out how to post some pic's of her i will

Here is couple pics to start with

Zeng.jpg

My eng

My dash

MyDash.jpg

Guest troy2184

Welcome aboard, i'm new here too. Sweet motor you got there. Show some pics of your progress when you get a chance.

On a side note: what kind of bike is that i see in the first pic??? Looks like an early GSXR. Am I correct? Bikes are my other passion. I have a '00 Suzuki SV650S that i'm thinking about racing.

Welcome aboard. We enjoy photos from projects as they progress toward a final finish, as well as any tips to help others in shoe-horning the Ford engine into the Z. Popular concerns with this forum are motor mounts (no comercially supported parts like there are for the bowtie crowd) and engine position (in regards to the crossmember/oil pan interference for a front sump).

i have 2 bike's ..well one is my wife's lol, thats the one you see in that pic.Its a 1990 FZR 400, its cherry with only 4k miles on it and i have a 2000 Ducati 996.I have better pics of them too if you want to see them.

As for how my eng fits well it fits great,

1. use a stock 93 oil pan, there a daul slump so the front slump is not that low.Plus my from crossmember is cut out and reboxed to fit it.

2. The motor mount brackets where cut off the fromt crossmember and new plates where welded onto the front frame rails behind the crossmember.

I was able to use the stock motormounts from to ford with a little work done to the left side plate that the motormount bolts to then the eng.

I also will take some pic's of that and post them.Its all not very hard if you know how to weld some.

3. on the left side frame rail right before it goes under the car i had to cut the frame alittle and rebox it in to fit the shorty headers.

4. I use a stock trans crossmember with a little plate welded to the top of it to move the mount for the trans back, but im redoing that right now to rid of that plate and just blot a stock mount up to the stock crossmember.

Right now i been real busy at work so not much time to work on it .that Painless wiring is truning out to be a pain but i know it will be worth it in the end, im having fun tring to figure out all the wiring from the steering colum lol.

I have the dash all done and waiting to go back in with all new wiring and new Auto meeter Phatom gauges.they will be white during the day and red at night to macth the red paint.

when i get some newer pic's i will post them

LaterZzz

There not great pic's but here is a side shot of my eng, My chrome 1 wire alt has not got here yet so please forgive that ulgy alt sitting on it...

side.jpg

Here is my first test fit i did with the new stuff on the eng.If you notice you will see the motormount plates that where welded on the frame rails and see how far the eng sits back in the car, i got it far enuff back that the front harmonic baleicer sits on top of the rack for the rack and pinion.when i take it back out i will take better shots of the crossmember and frame rail mounts.

testfit.jpg

LaterZzz

Edit ( please forgive my spelling)

That engine is awsome! I love it. How do the headers fit? Any probs with that style? My balencer sets in almost the same place as yours does. We anxously await more!

Guest troy2184

Sorry to jack the thread, but i'm drooling over the bikes! LOL I've always had a fondness for the fizzers. My first bike was a '90 FZR600 so i can definitely appreciate the 400's! That thing must handle like it's on rails! And the 996...well...what more needs to be said? Gorgeous!

Oh ya...nice engine and buildup :-D

Heya all ,

yea those are Flow-tech shortys for 86-93 and no they do not fit without doing work to your right-side frame, the left side is ok so far but i have not installed my steering coleum so im not sure about the shaft yet if it will clear the headers but it looks ok , i will keep you informed about that .On that right side frame rail you have to cut back about 1" and down about 3" and rebox it in , it was no prob for me as for im a heavy duty welder repairman by trade , but in all i think it was not that hard of a job .When i get that eng back out i wiull take some pic's of that frame rail and show you all.

As for you Troy ..lol np i too love bikes very much and the freedom you get when your out there on the open road. My friends and i all have some and we go on road trips all the time. Here is some pics of the two i own .

This is my wifes Bike.

BikeW.jpg

and this is me and my bike on one of our trips.

Bikeandme.jpg

AnyHoot i better get back to my wife and little girl , i will talk ta you all laterZzz