HybridZ

What's Under the Cover

johnc

In some of the photos I've posted there has been a large car under a car cover in the background. A few folks have asked me what that land yacht is...

10334942.jpg

10334947.jpg

10334946.jpg

10334938.jpg

1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan. Silver Sand with Ivory Leather interior. 430 Continental V8. 145,000 original California miles. Power windows, brakes, AC, etc. Everything works and the car drives great.

Its our "going to dinner" car. Valets love it and usually park it right in front. They've even moved a Mercedes or two to get the Lincoln front and center.

Man, I love those ol boats...and the suicide doors..man oh man...luv it!!

The only thing I would like more would be a convertible tank of the mi 60s era!!

John...U have impeccable taste. 2thumbs.gifhail.gifrockon.gifcheers.gif

Tim

I bought the car from these guys: VIP Classics down in San Diego. Ended up hooking the owner (Roy) up with our carbon fiber guy so that Roy could get the tub widened on his mid-eighties Indy Lola. I also looked at a few convertible Continentals but they were at least $10K more than my sedan in the same condition.

Big time DROOOOOL!!! 2thumbs.gif

I love Lincolns! 63-65 continentals Suicide doors...

I'd love to have one...but then I'd have 2 summer cars... ouch...$$$

I've read quite a bit about them.. they aren't as heavy as people think, and they are quicker too!

had a chance to buy one once... prob was..I had to take all three Lincolns..all running..8K for the lot.. too much $ for me just to play with..

hey john,

My girlfriends family has a 64 cont right in the driveway. Its black with a black top, white seats, almost perfect. i will make it a point to snap a few digitals of it tommorow ok. Tha is a nice car. I love it when you cant feel anything on the road.

Guest Thurem

Greeeeen with envy cry2.gif those cars are soo coool. My wife hates them though, had a couple of old caddy's and my wife will kill me if get something like this.

Thure

Guest Anonymous

Nice car. I always liked the 64-65 conti, the suicide rear doors and no one mentioned the backseat.... Can you say "Love Machine..." :D haha... Also cars like that never just sneak up, people are all over them I'm betting, my bro's 63 Tbird draws people like crazy, they like those 60's ford/mercury's now, which is cool, lots of good ones still around. That is truly one fine urban blaster for sure, you do have subwoofers right? ;)

Regards,

Lone

Lone,

Its got the stock am/fm stereo, power antenna and two speakers (on in front and one in back). The people that seem to go most crazy over the Lincoln are high school Latinas. I've had them run across the street and beg for rides.

David,

I would love to see photos of the black '64.

Thurem,

VIP has a nice Imperial for sale: 1968 Chrysler Imperial

Guest Anonymous

Me too, where I'm headed to live in AZ. has no shortage of Latina's... ;)

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Yeah, factory radio or factory look is the way to go, was kidding on the Sub's. My bro's Tbird has the 'factory' looking unit in the dash, but its a AM/FM with a 6 pack player in the trunk. He does have surface mount pioneer speakers, but painted them turquiose like the rest of the interior and now they look like rear headrest pods. Sounds weird but looks good. Anyway, nice car.