HybridZ

Infinity Machining Motor Mount Info

Zhadman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i just ordered these mounts and they're now $2.98 each! should be picking them up today at Advance Autoparts

Just a FYI, be sure to check your oil pan clearance with these cheap mounts, I had them at first hoping to save some $$ but with my custom aluminum oil pan it hit the steering rack, I think you will be ok if you use a RB20 pan though.

Just a FYI, be sure to check your oil pan clearance with these cheap mounts, I had them at first hoping to save some $$ but with my custom aluminum oil pan it hit the steering rack, I think you will be ok if you use a RB20 pan though.

I'm playing around with mounts right now seeing what would best fit my setup, but i think I need to order these Rick Wong mounts. As of right now, I'm using the stock L28 mounting brackets and mounts, but it sits the motor TOO LOW..lol The oil pan sits about an inch or so lower than the cross member.

I'm gonna email them and see if they have any available.

• 1 month later...

you're on your own as far as the tranny mount goes

for those who already own these mounts...

QUESTION: Where did the supra mounts and your shifter location come out to?

the reason why I ask is because I actually ended up using the isolators from Parts America from a '60's Dodge. The bolts are offset allowing your to push the motor back even further-about another inch or so. With that said, my shifter is nearly dead in the middle.

Are the Supra isolators offset as well? If they are not, then I would suspect the shifter would be a little forward eh?

• 3 weeks later...
you're on your own as far as the tranny mount goes

for those who already own these mounts...

QUESTION: Where did the supra mounts and your shifter location come out to?

the reason why I ask is because I actually ended up using the isolators from Parts America from a '60's Dodge. The bolts are offset allowing your to push the motor back even further-about another inch or so. With that said, my shifter is nearly dead in the middle.

Are the Supra isolators offset as well? If they are not, then I would suspect the shifter would be a little forward eh?

The supra isolators are offset but not as much as the Dodge ones from what I recall. I ended up having to use the Supra ones due to oil pan clearance issues with the Dodge ones.

I ended up having to use the Supra ones due to oil pan clearance issues with the Dodge ones.

Same here. When I first went on a search for off brand isolators (less expensive), I didn't think about the thickness being a issue, so when I passed the part number along to everyone, I hadn't tried them yet for oil pan clearance. My Thaggard pan didn't work with the Dodge pieces.... I had to fork out the big bucks on the Toyota ones.

The supra isolators are offset but not as much as the Dodge ones from what I recall. I ended up having to use the Supra ones due to oil pan clearance issues with the Dodge ones.

I think my oil pan sits about 1/2 inch or so lower then the cross member if I remember correctly, but its been a while since I looked.

so if the Supra isolators its less offset, this would put the shifter near the very front of the shifter hole wouldn't it? Mine is about 1/2 the way towards the center of the shifter hole with the Dodge mounts

also, how much thicker are the supra isolators?

• 2 months later...

FYI, the dodge isolators DID NOT WORK for me. It was quite impossible due to alignment issues. See why on my build thread here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=855609&postcount=102

Here are the final pictures of rick's mounts with the supra isolators installed. Nothing is ever exact but I'm quite satisfied.

supramounts.jpg

supramountsr.jpg

supramountsl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
FYI, the dodge isolators DID NOT WORK for me. It was quite impossible due to alignment issues. See why on my build thread here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=855609&postcount=102

Here are the final pictures of rick's mounts with the supra isolators installed. Nothing is ever exact but I'm quite satisfied.

supramounts.jpg

supramountsr.jpg

supramountsl.jpg

hmm, with that said, were the Supra mounts significantly easier to fit and offer a better OVERALL clearance? I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the Dodge mounts.