HybridZ

paint guys.. to much of the same color????

Guest ON3GO

okay i desided on the paint color ill be painting the blue Z.

Azule (sp?) blue from the mustang mach 1, with a flat black hood, air dam and bre style wing and tail light panel.

thing is my block is painted sorta close to this color.. BUT the engine bay is flat black.

my sparco seat (just driver) is sorta this color blue also.

im worried the car will just look TO blue.

i also desided to "pinstripe" my dash, by accenting the lines of it with some blue or gloss black pinstripe. might look awesome??

my most of my gauges are white autometers but light up blue at night, and my valve cover will also be blue with black writing on it (not sure on the valve cover yet).

im sure it will look sweet but im not 100% sure...

ill be doing a few other little touchs like the flat black parts will be outlines with a slightly glossier black lines, the gauge bezles (sp?) on the autometers will be done in gloss black and the center part of the dash were the a/c controls and etc are will be done in a carbon fiber sheet that will hold a few gauges and my boost controller (thats clear blue).

also thinking of using bre strips that sorta fade out, and then where it fades out is where the fairlady Z emblems will be.

what you think guys? will have some photoshop pics soon.

mike

FWIW, know what, I am not a color coordinator by any means, however I think your concern is valid. I think too many shades of blue accented with black may look unprofessional. The best advice I ever got on choosing color is to go look at lots of custom/kustom car mags and go to auto shows to see what others have done. For me its hard to visualize the end product.

Ferd

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe splash some yellow in there for fun.

It doesn't sound like a bad plan to me.

I'm kinda going the same direction, only red and black.

Exterior of the car is red, with dark tinted windows, engine bay is black, engine is red and black with some aluminum color and a tiny splash of chrome. Interior *will be* black with red/black seats and red/black steering wheel with maybe some aluminum pedals and a chrome shifte with a billet aluminum handle.

Mike, we just need to accent your car with some orange, it'll make the blue pop, and giveyou a "transition" color so you won't be in a sea of blue.

Little things, orange belts maybe, orange pin stripe on the dash, orange shift boot? Orange little accents.

But hey, it's your car.. I'll help ya paint it however ya want :-)

-Ed