HybridZ

T-56 Tranny Mount

BobsZTwins

OK, I've got my SBC rebuilt, engine mounts fab'd, a T-56 from DD Performance, fabricated a rear tranny mount per JTR drawings, etc, etc, but I still need the piece that fits between the tail shaft and the JTR tranny mount. Anyone have a part number or year/model that works?

And what have you guys done about the reverse lock-out switch? I bought a Hurst T-handle with a 12v switch but I don't know if I like the feel of it or not. I know some drag racers wire it to the brake light switch. That may be OK if you're only doing drags but if you like downshifting into turns, it could be problematic!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

And what have you guys done about the reverse lock-out switch? I bought a Hurst T-handle with a 12v switch but I don't know if I like the feel of it or not. I know some drag racers wire it to the brake light switch. That may be OK if you're only doing drags but if you like downshifting into turns' date=' it could be problematic!

Any suggestions?[/quote']

It will go into reverse without the solenoid hooked up but it takes a bit of effort. I pulled the automatic in my Trans Am and installed a T56 between Christmas & New Year. I didn't plan on hooking it up but I probably am because it takes so much effort.

I'm going to go with a momentary switch mounted just left of the steering column so I can hit it with my left hand while I'm going for reverse. I open track the car so I have the same concern about activating it with the brakes plus I can't imagine cycling it that much is good for it.

I just got back from Advance Auto where I bought a Pioneer brand mount for $8 that looks a little more substantial than the Energy Suspension piece. The part number is 622288. The stud is a 7/16 - 14 that, after mounting in the crossmember, adding a lock and flat washer, is flush with the nut. Looks like it was made for it!

If I don't like the Hurst T-handle, I may just mount a spare toggle swich on the console....just have to remember to turn it off!

I got the reverse lock out and back up light pigtails from the Chevy dealer last week so as soon as I replace the rack bushings and steering coupler, I should be ready to refit everything. This has turned into about a 9 month project! Now I'm getting antsy to get it done!