HybridZ

how to hotwire a z...

olie05

So today I left my car at my friends house and from there we headed to our bassists house to jam, and when we finished that we got back to my friends house, and i had left my keys at my bassist's house (cus i took my jacket off and left it there with the keyes in it)... my bassist's house is 30miles away from my friends house, so we were not driving back to get em. So i hotwired the car!

It was surprisingly easy. All I did was disconnect the ignition lock cylinder harness and jump two wires, and then I went under the hood and jumped the starter with a screw driver to crank it. Incredibly easy. Oh yeah, and I removed the lock cylinder so I could turn the wheel....

now you can all laugh at my stupidity! haha

-Oliver

Funny.. I realized how easy it would be to hotwire my Z (once I had riped it all apart) so I now have a hidden switch that controls the fuel pump. I figure, if some one wants it, they will find a way to get it.. but without the pump running, the float bowls only have enough fuel to idle for about 1.5 minits, and under acceleration, it's less. (I found this out by mistake once.. :lol: ) It'll rip through 1st gear, and about half way through 2nd it sputters and dies. :)

It was surprisingly easy. All I did was disconnect the ignition lock cylinder harness and jump two wires' date=' and then I went under the hood and jumped the starter with a screw driver to crank it. Incredibly easy. Oh yeah, and I removed the lock cylinder so I could turn the wheel....

-Oliver[/quote']

Actually it is even easier than that.. Usually the ignition lock cylinders are installed with shear-screws and don't come all that easy but if you already had yours out you would see that on the back there is a small phillips screw that holds the electrical switch in the lock, remove the switch and you will see that you can turn the switch through all the different positions with a flat screwdriver. At this point you can start the car from the driver's seat. In fact, if you were to have a extra switch you could simply unplug the switch from any 70's or 80's nissan car's wiring harness, plug in your extra switch and you can hotwire any nissan. Of course the only other problem is the steering lock, but the old 620 pickup trucks didn't have steering locks.

So today I left my car at my friends house and from there we headed to our bassists house to jam' date=' and when we finished that we got back to my friends house, and i had left my keys at my bassist's house (cus i took my jacket off and left it there with the keyes in it)... my bassist's house is 30miles away from my friends house, so we were not driving back to get em. So i hotwired the car!

It was surprisingly easy. All I did was disconnect the ignition lock cylinder harness and jump two wires, and then I went under the hood and jumped the starter with a screw driver to crank it. Incredibly easy. Oh yeah, and I removed the lock cylinder so I could turn the wheel....

-Oliver[/quote']

Your not stupid.......however, must be some pretty good herb your doing before your session!!! Come on now, am I right?

• 17 years later...

so i have and 83 280zx 5 speed and i replaced the ignition with an after market one <forget what its called> i charged the battery and i go to turn the car over and all it does is click and nothing...my dad gave me this car before he died all i wanna do is rebuild it to its former glory and i am a weekend warrior so i only have weekends to work on it i have looked thru all the forms still cant figure it out.....also it fired off about 2 years ago then the Original ignition froze  

• Confused 1