HybridZ

Need To Borrow A G-Tech Pro

Scottie-GNZ

No he's looking for one of the newer ones. They are more like $200 used and $250 new. I have one but I live in WI so I guess I cant borrow it to you, but I would if I could!

Why do you need one Scottie? Trying to see how accurate it is?

Guy

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

He didn't say he needed a newer one. He said "G-Tech Pro", which is the older ones.

I had one for about a week, and it was worthless. The MPH was WAY off, and the ET was inconsistant. I used it at the track, and I ran consistant 13.6's at 104mph all night, but the G-Tech said everything from 14.1 down to 13.3, with the trap speeds showing upwards of 110mph. There was even one fluke run where it said I ran a 12.7 @ 113mph.

Tim and others, thanks for the offer.

I want to run the car this weekend at the "Funday/Sunday" event where they allow cars to run with "No Time" and not even the track knows what the car ran. Why? I do not have the cage yet and do not want to get kicked off but still would like to get some idea of what the car is doing. I have a friend with a Vericom which is much better than the G-tech but big and heavy and last time I tried it, 2 of the cups would not hold so I had to use lots of duct tape to stop it from flying off and decapitating me. Also, as a last resort I can use my datalogger.

On a whim, I ran the car last night and shut it off at the 1/8-mile just to see what bugs I could shake out. It ran 6.85 @ 101.02 which equates to about 10.75 @ 128.1 but I have lots of tuning to do as it was extremely rich off the line and thru 1st and 2nd. I have lots of adjustments to take care of that but the clock is what will tell me if I am making improvements. Here is an example of where a dyno is of no help because you cannot tune for launching and 1st and 2nd gear on a dyno.

Not bad for the 1st time out considering the car's strength will be top-end. I was also willing to settle for 1.55s on DRs and got a 1.567 w/o wheelspin. Weighed the car and looks like around 3040# w/me making it 290# heavier than the Z but this car is like a Caddy compared to the Z.

Guest comeandzpa

no damn 240 - I just don't use it anymore. As for the consistancy of its performance, I think mine is slightly optimistic as it told me I was running high 14s in a bone-stock 280ZX N/A. Shoot me a PM/e-mail if you're interested.