HybridZ

RWD 4g63t in a z?

Dnaught14

Has anyone done a mitsu swap before. I dont think ive ever seen it done. So i looked around a bit and found a guy who made a rwd samurai rock crawler with a 4g63t. He custom made an adaptor plate that would line up with any toyota rwd tranny. I know that this engine has been rumopred of having troubles with crank walk at high hp, but for about 300hp it seems like it would be an interesting swap. Check out his site. Id love to see someone start this build.

http://rz-products.com/WAYNE/UPDATES/UPDATES.HTML

Guest thevodka

The crank walk problems are only found in the 95+ motors, and are just about non-existed in earlier motors, especially the earlier 6-bolt motors. As for crank walk, its a design failure that occurs in 95+ DSM motors regardless of hp, its a design flaw regarding the wearing and movement of bearings, thus making the crankshaft move horizontally. You shouldn't have any problems like that with the earlier DSM engines.

your feedback is awesome everyone. I looked around and saw that this had been disscussed elsewhere as well as this site, but i hadnt officially seen anyone do it or at least say they could. Id love to do the swap if i had the time and money. I suppose i will have to do it further down the road. I know that the sr20 swap would make a little more sence, but i think that the mitsu engine is a unique little powerplant that has readily available parts and is easily come by. The link that leads to the adaptor plate is a really cool site. I think im gonna talk to some people and see what they think. maybe in couple years ill have a 4g63t powered z to add on this site.

P.S. the crank walk pictures are hilarious.