HybridZ

Ahhhhhhh

Chaparral2f

Finally got the car to the exhaust shop yesterday. I left with high hopes that it could be done by the first of the month so it could go to paint prison. Then today while I was sitting here reading the new posts I get a call from the muffler guy. "Oh crap" I think, "He couldn't get the head pipe around the steering rack and now I gotta borrow a truck to drag it home." Instead he says to come over and pick it up its finished. Never have I been so happy to give a person $400. And if that ain't enough to make my day, I get to fire it up and drive it home! Ran like a champ tons of torque and it ain't even too loud. :)

I can still remember back in 72 when I was stationed at Fort Belvoir in Va. Summer weekend activities usually included driving around in downtown Washington DC in my 70 Duster with a built 440 with the headers uncapped. Sooooooo much fun! The sound of a big block with open headers bouncing off those buildings. ...fond memories.