HybridZ

NEW GT 40's Radical new SUSPENSION

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

NEW GT 40's Radical new SUSPENSION

Well, me and my dad went to a Ford show here in town and I Feel CHEATED!

The GT 40 was the main reason I went, and I stuck around till the very end, to hear that motor start up (a 500 horse 5.4, with a whipple charger has to sound good).

NOPE! The White gt 40 they had on display didn't run.

What a letdown!

I knew that it didn't have a front suspension, because I crawled around the whole car checking it out.

It only had steering knuckles holding the brakes & spindle.

The rear suspension was equaly worthless.

I have model cars that are more detailed than this thing.

Ford can't have more than $10,000 in the car, and there taking it around to carshows. What a JOKE!

They had to KICK the TIRES to turn them, so that they could push it onto the trailer.

My Datsun is closer to being finshed than that POS.

It looked really cool though. Good from far, but far from good.

I had a link to the NAIAS 2002 auto show where they started the yellow one up. It sounded fantastic.

If any of you have the link to the NEW gt 40's unveiling please post it. I want to let my dad hear what the car should have sounded like.

At least ROUSCH and SALEEN were there with there RIGS.

They each had 4 cars apiece in attendance.

The 49 CONCEPT is AWSOME I was very impressed with its looks, and those 20" inch rims were sweet .

Furthermore, the engine compartment was immaculate, very clean install indeed. The entire engine was polished aluminum and it sounded like my Linclon with an exhaust.

The nicest car, other than the Linclon, was the 2000 Cobra R. The funny thing was that Ford didnt bring it, some guy who lives down the road in East Liverpool has it. He has only put 800 miles on it, it was a show car only. He had a realy nice trailer for it though.

Too bad Ford only made 300 of those, it is so rare that no one will beat on it. why is it that the best cars are never driven?

Well... that's the auto show report, Now back to you BOB.

"I'm an excellent driver...excellent...excellent driver."

Toys: 91' Noch/ ex cop car_78' Ford 4x4/ for mud_94' Linclon Mark VIII/ work_73' Datsun 240 Z/ memories

Don't get too discouraged. Automakers do that all the time. The original 350Z concept made its way around the globe twice without a working motor in it. Common practice is to get the interior and exterior dialed in for the autoshow circuit, and if you can get a few of the powertrains together for a couple of the "Special Access" shows, then fine. In the case of the 350Z, they didn't have a working motor in it (On the show circuit) until 6 months after the first auto expos were over.

I think Ford should be given high kudos for reproducing a version of the GT40. i just hope they don't screw it up in production.

Mike rockon.gif