HybridZ

VW Rabbit hybrid??? + other news

Guest ON3GO

Got a new project today at 11am a old VW Rabbit.

at 1pm the old 8V motor and tranny were out and so was pretty much everything else in the car.

gonna be a low low budget auto-x car and street car.

we have a B18A Integra LS motor that we might put in it but we are unsure about a few things..

like axles.. prob have to be custom.. im sure on that as we have VW hubs and im not sure how we are gonna do that..

mounts will be easy enough im sure, hell ill just make some nice solid ones hehe.

thats about it on the hard parts.. but if we dont use the honda motor what should we use?

thought about the Shelby Dodge turbo motors and also a SR20.. but what else? maybe a VW 20v 1.8T :D

ill post some pics of it tomorrow.. already had ed on this forum to check it out and he will be doing the paint and body work to it :)

also got the S12 200sx Nissan at the shop, SR20DET is mounted back in it and we will start doing everything to get it running and drifting soon!

ill be getting my Microtech standalone for the blue Z this week or so, and will be getting a few other parts in, hope to get it looking and running good by April 9th for the HIN (Hot Import Nights) car show.

the Hulk got a different standalone now :) brand new LTX10 Microtech!!! just came out and so baller! cant wait to drive this Z!

The Porsche 928S we have thats getting a LS1 and T56 and everything else is getting ready for paint soon as i got most things prepped and now we just have to rip the engine out.

ordered wheels and a few other things for the scion :D getting everything done for the car show will be hard but im sure we can do it.

btw.... being busy sucks!

mike

Not to sound like a purist or anything, but why would you go to the hasle of using the Honda motor?!? I'd DEFINATLY go for a 1.8T, or at the very least a VR6. All VW would make parts interchange easier, and less complicated for swaping stuff around. Or if you wanted to get really crazy, grab an AUDI V8 and tranny (equal length driveshafts, ect) and jam it in there.. you'd probly need a couple hundred pounds of weight in the BACK to even it out, but it'd goo like hell.. :lol:

The Audi V8 mounts the opposite way of the rabbit motor and would stick out past the core support ALOT! Also, not a single V8 equipped Audi in north america came FWD and 5 spd. Even Quattro 5spd V8's are hard to find with less than 100 imported into the country!

I say go for the Acura motor, if youve just got it sitting there it takes away from alot of initial purchase costs for any other motor/trans combo you will run.

If you are in the need to stay with a VW motor I would go with a 16v or TDI. The 16v is a 98% a bolt in, uses the stock style rabbit trans and shifter and driveshafts. Cammed and on MS&S a friend of mines rabbit went 14.5 in the quarter. it was pretty sweet for a basic swap.

The reason I say TDI is its cool, and you can make alot of torque and get great (40+) MPG. I dont know much else about the TDI motors because I havent been into VW/Audi stuff for a while now and they were just becoming available when I left that tuner crowd.

Thumbs up for the S12, I just got rid of mine but it was a really fun car. I welded the diff and went to a few drift events with it!

the SR has a bad rod and we gotta fix that, then once thats in ill put my Mesh wheels off my blue Z and put them on.. then watanabe's are in store of the Z..

mike

its a low budget project to help promote the shop.

got a 16v 1.8lt jetta motor today without the cis :D gonna turbo it and thats it.

also got a nice nice niceee mx5 to play with abit for the car show.. cant wait!

mike