HybridZ

Who Makes the 4 bbl intakes that work on L-6s

Guest rick458

• Administrators

The easy and best way is to replace the linkage in the engine compartment with the cable and attach it directly to the gas pedel arm.

Took me about 20 - 30 min to do it. Pretty straight forward and is a lot smoother than the clunky old linkage.

Dan

Guest rick458

are there any "special issues" to look out for or is it a relatively plug and play type setup?

How is drivability?

I will be replacing the Exhaust Manifold with a Header

either AZC or Nismo

any heat issues with fuel percolation etc...?

Superdan,

Did you have to drill any new holes to mount a cable? Did you cut off the original bellcrank and bracket, or just route next to it? I am using a TPI cable, and am just curious on the cable alignment you got.

Thanks,

Joshua

• Administrators

Not really plug-n-play but still very easy.

Starting from the throttle cable.

• I think my gas pedal / arm was slightly mis-aligned from the factory so I had to modify the mounting holes inside the passenger compartment to make the cable line up with the hole in the cable. It was about a ¼ inch to the left. On my 280z when I did the same thing years ago it lined up perfectly. In this case it was like the mounting pad was canted slightly counter clock wise and the gas pedal was very close to the trans tunnel. You most likely will not have this problem.
  • Drivability? Don’t know yet just got it hooked up this weekend but seem to be running really good so far. Word of advice here, replace your intake/exhaust manifold gasket, I thought mine looked good, big mistake. Had a huge vacuum leak.
  • Any heat issues with fuel percolation etc? Don’t know yet, I used the factory hard lines and just blocked off the forward outlet. Removed the heat shield so I may have an issue, we will see.
  • Did you have to drill any new holes to mount a cable? No.
  • Did you cut off the original bellcrank and bracket, or just route next to it? Just ran thru the hole next to it. Did not cut anything off.
  • Throttle return spring. I took the easy route and made a bracket to connect it to the fender well on the drivers side.
  • Tips I got from Dave at AZ. Connect the power brake hose and the vacuum advance hose to the manifold NOT THE CARB! Use a breather filter for the large vent under the water outlet, do not connect the valve cover vent to the carb base, run it to the air cleaner or put a filter on it.

I did a forum post at Zcar.com about installing an Arizona Zcar manifold on my 240Z. It has all the part #s frrm Jegs to make this install painless. I really like this setup. The car starts and runs great. Filter on my name as the author.

• Administrators

Well, came home yesterday and finished up the isntall. Took about 15 min to setup the idle and off I went for a test drive.

Very nice! really good throttle response even on the bottom end. Idle is nice and smooth.

I need to adjust the return spring tension when I get home today (a little stiff) and then I will take it out on the freeway for a shake down.

I will let you know how it goes and post some pics.

Dan