HybridZ

83zxt... need more RPM.

Guest Cronic

Guest Cronic

How can I get a few more RPM safely out of my motor?

Basicly I don't take the stockness past 6500. but with my large turbo, I could be making a lot more power if I could bring it up to 7000. I would like to set my rev limiter to 7200 and have that extra 500rpm to play with.

Does anyone know a safe way to do this?

Guest Cronic

Well my friend told me today, not to even worry about the head if Im only taking it to 7K RPM. He said he used to take his L28ET in his maxima to 8K all the time spraying. He was running 11's. So I guess he can't be too far off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I used a light flywheel from Fidenzia, on the street I shift at 7k but I know my motor doesnt make anymore power after 5500 and its peak power is 4500 on a stock cam. Why the obsession with over reving the motor? Anyhow the flywheel frees up power and feels like a broader powerband.

Guest Cronic

With the larger turbo on here, the motor should make power until at least 7K. Maybe more. Which is the reason for wanting to go there. THe power difference is substancial from 6500 to 7000.

• 2 weeks later...

The dyno tells a different story, my power dropped off substantially after 6k with a stock cam, I have a hotter then stock one now, and can turn the engine to 7k, which is where JWT set the limiter with the stock cam, but it did not feel especially powerful. With the hotter cam it pulls there easily, but Until I fix it, I cannot dyno it to see.

I would seriously encourage to maximize your power in the 3k to 6k range, and shift "around" 6.5k for best results. Revving the snot out of the engine doesn't make it last any longer.

Look at the dyno results people have posted, these engines don't make big power up to 7k easily.