HybridZ

Lookin for a Dizzy

I tried posting this in the classifieds, but it keeps freezing when I hit submit.???

Not sure whats going on but I'm desperate.

I have an 82 280zx. The little black box on the side of the dizzy has been giving me problems. The car just cuts out.. sometimes while driving, sometimes while idling or coasting etc... it usually starts back up, but sometimes I have to get out and jiggle the black box and i can then restart the car..

Anyways, I have had this problem before, and when I replaced the black box, all was well... problem is I can't find another.

Does anyone have a dizzy with the black box? it has a two pronged plug on the top of the black box, and a "fuel injector style" plug on the side of the black box.

I need one in excellent condition, I'll take the whole thing, as I'm no longer certain it is just the black box..maybe something is corroded in the dizzy body. I drive the car everyday, so I don't have time to pull it apart and risk damaging the dizzy while atempting to repair it.

Email me ZR8ED@hotmail.com

I can paypal if needed. or pick it up if your local (Toronto area)

Scott.

Just a suggestion, I've heard of these issues before and one mechanic that used to work on Z's alot said that he used to re-wire the ignition module and mount it somewhere alot cooler. (like up by the headlight) He said it took too much heat being right behind the radiator's flow thru air and would screw them up. Personally I never had too many problems with those units so I never bothered. You might wanna consider it though, also make sure you smear some di-electric grease on the backside where it mounts on the dizzy if you are gonna mount it there.

If you end up needing another one, I think I have one somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...