HybridZ

For all those with 280z sectioned strut tubes

What strut cartridges are you running. Im going to be running the GC coilovers with 10" springs, with tokico illuminas and figure Ill section the strut tubes while Im in there. So what tockico illumina cartridges did you use? I did some searching but it only yielded solid info on the 240 strut tubes. I think I remember someone telling be MR2 cartridges infront and vw rabbit cartridges in the rear, is this correct? If so any one know from what years, and possibly the tokico part numbers?

Thanks,

John

Alright did some searching around and came up with the following options:

75-84 Volkswagen Rabbit tokico illuminas part # BZ1073, for the front

87-89 MR2 illumina's part # BZ3099, for the rear.

Does this sound right for 280z strut housings?

Somebody has to have this infor laying around...

That doesn't sound right.

I don't know if this is right for a 280, but for my 240 I'm using the BZ3099 in front and the 240 front cartridge in the rear. I think the 280 rear strut housing is an inch deeper than the 240, so you'd need a 1" spacer under a 240 front strut, but I'm not positive...

They are a different OD and ID, but the ID is something like .020" different, and the tube is thicker so that makes the OD a lot different. The 240 stuff fits in the 280 housings, and the gland nut will still hold it tight, so that won't be a problem. The problem is figuring out which of the struts to use.

Thanks for the input guys, I talked to mike(on3go) and he is using the mr2s in back and the rabbits in front on his 280 so I think I may go the same route.

One more question, with the ground control kit for the 280 you get 12" springs, this seems to be pretty high considering most are running either 8-10 inch springs, will this cause any probs with sectioing?