HybridZ

gm sensors for the megasquirt

gexgexgexgex

i am trying to do a very cheap megasquirt ecu swap for my car. right now i have a 240z with a 280zx turbo engine and stock ecu and it workes about 10% of the time and i am getting very mad at the car, so i want to put megasquirt on it and need to know where can i get the gm sensors i need.

what gm cars come with the sensors that work with megasquirt, i am going to a junk yard to get them so i wil get a few to make sure they work but i need to know what cars they came of with,

Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Air Temp Sensor, do i need any others

Going cheap??

Just use the stock ZX senors!

I think one of moby's stickys has them all set up.

Tony D also recommended you just get another coolant temp sensor (~$8 at carquest/autozone/etc) and reprogram it.

Intructions are on the MS site.

Mario

PS they recommend your car runs right before the swap, you might be opening a pandora's box

if you are going cheap, use the nissan sensors and use ET4D utility (Easytherm) to reprogram the curves in the megasquirt.

If you are turbo, consider the GM open element air sensor, most any GM vehicle in the junkyard will have one in the manifold. It responds faster than the Coolant sensor, though I haven't had any problems as of yet...

You could go to the junkyard and get them of a pontiac fiero. 4 or 6 cilinder doesn't mater. get the air temp sensor from the filterbox and the watersensor from the block. You can also use the TPS, although that would take a little modifying.

If you get the sensors don't forget to cut of the connectors also.

I am 100% sure that these are the right ones because I have been using them for 2 years now.

good luck.