HybridZ

corner wt's before/after

Here are my corner weights on my 77 280 set up for BSP with driver and aprox.8 gals of fuel.

Lt. Fr. 705 Rt Fr 724

Lt. R. 753 Rt. R 697.

That is with a stock 6 and 5speed with coil over susp. And now with a zz4 crate,t56 6speed, weir bellhousing,front and rear bumpers removed,battery relocated to rt rear, with the same coil overs set at exactly the same ht. as before. The only other major diff is know it has tub. cntrl arms. With driver and 10 gals of fuel.

lt. fr. 706 Rt. fr. 695

lt.R.765 Rt.R.729.

The car gained 18+/-lbs 355hp and 405ft.lb. The car still has complete interior with all the stock glass and a roll bar that is scca solo 1 legal. You decide if a V8 upsets the balance of a Z.

[Edited by Drax240z: for clarity]

I have been raceing in solo1 hillclimbs for the past 4 or so years and a buddy of mine has scales. Last night we weighted the car and fired the motor for the first time. If the weather is clear tomorrow I should be able to drive the Z for the first time with the V8. I have a hill climb in May if I get it sorted. To be honest I could not tell you what was better, hearing the motor or finding out she was not a front heavy pig.

csz, what's obvious here is that your buddy needs to have his scales recalibrated. It's common knowledge that V8 Z's are nose heavy pushing pigs that are borderline impossible to drive, especially if you placed your motor in the JTR position. There is so much weight on the front that the rear tires only occasionally touch the pavement, if at all, and these said vehicles should be banished to the further reaches of the universe, for the sake of the children.

Thanks for posting that. Here's my 73 240, JTR, R200, 4 point bar, 1/2 tank, full interior, 240# driver that should be about 215.

LF 706 RF 654

LR 707 LR 632

My scales need recalibrating too!!!!!

John

This is EXCELLENT info that should be stickied...

For any MAROON (think Buggs Bunny here!) who thinks installing a V8 into a Zcar upsets the balance, Here's your COLD HARD DATA... Now stand up and applaud or GO POUND SAND!

Mike

Uh, I didn't say anything about anyone specifically AND I hold John in very high regard... Don't put words in my mouth.

Anyone who posts drivel about how heavy nosed stuffing a V8 in a Datsun in the proper perscribed manor is a maroon, and we've seen our share here, on the IZCC list, and on ZCAR.com.

My point stands... And I'm singling No one out...

Mike