HybridZ

Pre-paint shot of the 280Z-06

Savage42

how will you support it while you glass it on?

I'm actually using the flexible sealer/filler stuff to blend it in, but attaching the front & rear by bolting them on in a few places. I'm not sure how to do the side skirts the most clean way, but will let the paint shop do their magic since they do the nicest cars in the area. I'll let you know and take pics.

I'm actually using the flexible sealer/filler stuff to blend it in, but attaching the front & rear by bolting them on in a few places. I'm not sure how to do the side skirts the most clean way, but will let the paint shop do their magic since they do the nicest cars in the area. I'll let you know and take pics.

Keep us updated Gary. I've got the 3 port Kaminari front air dam and European bumpers; and I will probably go with the fiberglass side and rear skirts and classic fiberglass spoiler. Curious to see how you do your side skirts (I think they're the same one's I'm looking at getting).

-Bart

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever method the shop uses - if they do a solid bond of the fiberglass aero panels to the body - it will need to have some degree of flexibility or it will crack along the bonding line. I've been thinking about that for some time. Many techniques work fine for a show car but won't hold up if driven daily or periodically put on a track. Guess it's time to start talking to different shops and see what they say.

My car is a daily driver, I have no cracks on my side skirts. I'll try to get some pics this weekend in the sun. It's all in how you mount them You can't just mount them on the door area. They need to be supported. I made some AL brakets. You can kick mine and it doesn't hurt them.. Trust me I've done this on accident. It's also alot more work than some glue and clamps.

-Ed

Here are some general pics.. I'll try to get some close ups this weekend.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/777368/1