HybridZ

Under the hood information

Guest Jim226

Guest Jim226

Hey everyone i got a question that some might find crzy. i recently got a parts car that managed to have the under hood information still thier? but the downside is the hood is rusted and smashed in, is there a way that i can get this paperwork off the hood and use it on my other car ??? i wanna try and find a way without damaging it. Any help would be great

Guest Jim226

Seems like an extreme approach, esp. since i can't weld and most of the hood is destroyed from years of sitting outside. Can anyone think of any other ways??? is it worth going through all the trouble of doing this just for the under hood info i mean i have maybe seen a handful of cars that still had this. But any help on getting it off would be great

Guest Jim226

Thanks for the help guys, as for the under the hood info there are 2 sets of stickers i guess thats what they are maybe paper?? but one tells you how much the car weighs and some other stuff and the bigger one tells you about the hp, gas mil. and things of that nature i will put a pic up as soon as i can. My g/f just got a nikon d70 digital camera so i will have to use this :) but how can i reproduce it ?

Staples and Office Depot sell label sheets with adhesive backing that run through a printer. Not sure how durable that would be. Don't know if it could then be laminated or painted with a clear coat to protect it. Try talking to someone at a local Kinko's and see if they have a printing process that might work. Maybe some type of mylar or plastic sheeting used for ads placed on telephone poles? Nissan did it, so someone should be capable of reproducing it.