HybridZ

pics of car

Guest bobs302z

Nice install. I'm in the middle of a tear-down for a v8/body conversion atm. I'm finding more info on a chevy conversion than a ford, but I'm a blue oval kind of guy at heart. Is the ford conversion significantly more difficult than the chev? I'm a fairly competent shadetree, and not too scared to use a 5lb speed wrench when my skills fail :), so most of the work will be done in my garage.

Guest bobs302z

Thanks for the comments...to answer somw of the questions

1)Wheels are Kal tire core racing Evo-8 superblack 17x7

2)some more pics on my brother site under family cars ( http://members.shaw.ca/rguido/)

3)I bought the jtr conversion book and used this web site and had no problems with the ford conv. I made a crossmember motor mount out of 1 " pipe with 1" stubs to the motor mounts.. mounted it solid because i used full length headers and they are very ,very tight..had to adjust trans tunnel to fit..I do get some vibration ...

4) 14.01 sounds not all that fast but that was in Calgary ..which is at 3500 feet .. so im provably at mid 13 s at see level.. once you have been to the track and beat most people with that time ..a person realizes that if you truly have a 12 sec street car ..you have a very fast car...My car was a 280..and weight is around 2800 lbs...and im 200+ so that all make a difference..

I love the car and have won most of my races on or off the street..I put 7000miles on it last summer with no problems...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yeah When You Put It That Way 14.01 Is Pretty Quick, I Was Just Amazed That My Rb20 Powered 240sx Seemed Faster But I'm In Arizona So I Bet If We Were On A Level Playing Field It'd Be Pretty Equal.

So, "2126", maybe I'm just blind, but nowhere on this thread is the specific type of header mentioned.

...help me out here.

If you're pointing out the obvious installation of a Ford small block into a Z... c'mon.

Sven,

Originally Posted by bobs302z

... mounted it solid because i used full length headers and they are very ,very tight...

I think he's refering to the fact that he was able to actually get full length headers to fit with the 302 swap but because they fit so tight in the car he had to make solid mounts (no wiggle room when the engine torques)

Guest bobs302z

that is right ..the headers are very tight ...the left one is quite low as well..all the mustang ones are like that and it is worse on a low car...its all about how bad a person wants full length headers... I may change the motor mounts one day and put some urathane ones in ...i do get vibration from the solid mounts...