HybridZ

FPR interchangeable between L28E and ET?

Gavin

My 280zx had the problem of my FPR not returning enough fuel, or maybe any at all, causing a rediculous ammount of pressure and eventually fuel leakage under my hood (thats what tipped me off, thaught the pump was the problem since it was making a lot of noise, of course). I grabbed an FPR from a 280z that I had lying arround and it seems to work fine, but is it keeping the fuel at a different pressure?

Also, where might I want to check for damage from all that fuel pressure?

If the FPR is from a 280Zx it should be ok. You don't say wether it is lower or higher then stock. It should be about 30 psi at idle, if you disconnect the vaccuum source, it should be about 36psi. If it varies a little, thats not a big deal, but I would want to make sure the PSI increases when you are under boost.

The FPR I used is a stock unit from a 78 280z. I don't know about the pressure its at right now because I dont have a gauge.

So, I guess what I should be asking is - will the L28E (as in N/A) FPR increase fuel pressure with boost 1:1 like the 280zx unit would?

The 280Z FPR keeps your fuel pressure approximately 1-3psi lower than the 280ZXT FPR will. That may or may not make a noticable difference in your mixture, it depends on your setup. You should definitely get a gauge, though - you would have immediately noticed your last problem. Manual fuel pressure gauges are not expensive. Even better, get a nice fuel rail from Pallnet with one already mounted.