HybridZ

Msa Mounts And Long-tube Headers

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I've Been Searching For A While Now And Never Really Found A Thread That Directly Answers This Question: Does The Long-tube Headers Msa Provides Work Properly With The Msa Mount Kit? Meaning No Cutting Or Welding.... I Would Like To Order Them Coated But If Cutting Is Require I'll Order Them Natural And Have Them Coated By Jethot In Town.

Guest tony78_280z

I have to assume the would fit. You should call them and ask them to be sure. Give them exact specs on your car and motor type, not like they'll care. (You might read my MSA rant on my webpage.) I got their shortys, and they did not come coated or painted in anyway. ($200.00+ for uncoated/painted block huggers, I was pissed.) So I doubt the longs will either. I tried painting them with high temp paint. It bubbled off seconds after starting the car.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yeah I Was Looking At Going Direct To S&s And Seeing As They Are Just Up The Street From My Job..... If They Are Going To Need Fitting I'll Buy Them Uncoated And Fit Them And Have Jethot Do The Coating At A Later Point. I Called Msa About It And They Said It Fits (which Is Why They Sell It) But They Have No Fitament Pictures. My Car Is Also Going To Be Lowered 1 3/4" With Tokico, Msa Camber Treatment And I Would Like To Avoid Scrapping On Pebbels If Possible.... I'm Just Hoping The Msa Mounts Are Higher And Forward Like They Say It Is.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Wasn't Going To Have Them Develop Anything. I Was Just Going To Purchase What They Have Made And Take It To The Exhaust Shop I Deal With At Work, Have Them Modify It When They Build My Exhaust, Then Take It To Jethot In Tempe And Have Them Coat It.

The Whole Reason I Ordered The Msa Kit Was To Use The Long Tubes But No One Seems To Have A Definate Answer To If They Work Right Out Of The Box Or After The Cutting Torch.

I have the msa mounts and long tube hooker headers, jet coated. They fit very well with no mods at all. Im not sure what header msa sells now for this kit though. Does anyone know if they sell the hooker ones? I suppose a call to them would answer that question.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Guess Thats What I'll Do.... Jet Hot Quoted Me $275 For A Pair Of 36" Long Tube Headers (internet Form), Does That Seem Right?

the newer msa mounts are a far cry from their first series from I understand. I want to play with some of the hooker brand headers as i do not think the s&s ones will fit well as far as ground clearance.

s&s is just north of bethany on 55 drive i believe it is. they should be in the white pages or get address from website.

it is in a culdesac and is a marked building up on the left.

Does anyone have a picture and or a set of hooker headers we could take measurments on? i am dying to know how far they hand down in comparison to the s&s.

the msa mounts i have appear to put the motor withing a 1/2 inch roughly each direction of JTR

Yes I agree with Tim. It is hard to tell what those headers are on Ebay. Here some pics of my Hookers installed in the car, msa motor mount and ground clearance photo. These paticular headers I have fit very well with no mods at all. With this set up the stock hood latch had to be remounted. Hope this helps you.

10889Picture_27836-med.jpg

10889Picture_27826-med.jpg

10889Picture_27834-med.jpg

10889Picture_27840-med.jpg

10889Picture_27828-med.jpg

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Thanks..... Those Look Like The Ebay Ones If Your Follow The Tubes But On Ebay You Can't Tell If Its The Same Length.

How Old Are Your Msa Mounts? I Wonder What Version They Are..... I Like How The Steering Arm Goes Through The Header Rather Than Around It, It Just Gives Better Clearance.

I have no idea how old those msa mounts are. Rough guess would be somewhere in the late 90's 98-99. That's all I know. I never had the chance to talk the guy who originally installed the motor.

Have they changed there mounts recently? If so why? I'd call msa and ask them. Would enjoy hearing what you find out. Keep us posted.

for the sake of comparison. my msa mounts are made from 2" box tube. when i measured them from centerline of bolts (bolt that goes into crossmember to the bolt that goes into the center of the rubber mount) it measured 2.75 inches. on the driver's side mount... there is a 1/4" spacer welded onto the bracket for clearance. they look...at a glance... to be the same basic design. can you get a rough measurment on the one that are mounted without too much trouble?

jt1 is right, if you or anyone is going to get their headers coated, Calico Coatings in Denver, NC is awesome. A family of mine builds race cars and has used them for years with nothing but excellent work. Calico coated the inside of NC State's formula race car's engine too, awesome company