HybridZ

LS1 Installation

Guest Skelly

Guest Skelly

I need some help identifying the proper GM part for the right angle bellows (air induction tube) between the throttle body and the Mass Air Flow. All checks with GM show 99 F cars to have a straight tube, extending over the radiator to the air box. As you know, we have to make the right angle turn. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

As a former owner of an LS1 powered car (camaro) I can help a bit. A lot of people are using the "fernco mod", ie... Going to Home Depot and buying a flexible rubber sewer pipe connection to join the throttle body to the maf. I know that these were straight, however I'm sure that if you look around at Home Depot or wherever, you'll be able to find something that works. Its really inexpensive if you go there, (3 bucks or so) vs 50 or so for a name brand piece.

The GTO idea may work, but the LS2 in the GTO for 2005 I believe has a larger throttle body.

That's why I specified the 2004. The 04 (LS1) has a 75mm TB while the 05 (LS2) has a 90mm TB. I believe the MAF diameters match their respective engines but I am not positive.

Guest ALL UC2

use the elbow off of a lt1 powered f-body. works great. need one of the 1le versions that doenst have a hole in the bottom of it. works perfect