HybridZ

Seat Question: Corbeau CR1 vs. Sparco Torino

rustrocket

I've been looking at a new driver's seat for a while, and i finally have an excuse to buy one. I like the look of the Corbeau CR1, but haven't had any experience with their seats. There is a guy on ebay selling them for $350 SHIPPED One of my friend's offered to sell me a brand new Sparco Torino Seat (without seat rail) for $300.

Given the retail value of the seats ranges by $200 (sparco on the higher end), is there much a difference in quality/durability/comfort?

I've been looking at a new driver's seat for a while' date=' and i finally have an excuse to buy one. I like the look of the Corbeau CR1, but haven't had any experience with their seats. There is a guy on ebay selling them for $350 SHIPPED One of my friend's offered to sell me a brand new Sparco Torino Seat (without seat rail) for $300.

Given the retail value of the seats ranges by $200 (sparco on the higher end), is there much a difference in quality/durability/comfort?[/quote']

I believe the SFI approval for the Corbeaus has been recently removed.

I'm not so sure about that last statement... We have had sparcos and Corboes in the shop side by side and the quality is almost identical... I think seats are a personal choice you really need to try out before buying... If you can, find someone with that seat in a car you can sit in...FIA rating would be a concern for me, but might not be for you if you aren't going to track the car...although if I'm spending that kinda coin, why not make sure it IS FIA rated!

Mike