HybridZ

Greedy intake manifold for RB25DET

I hear they are pretty good. I mean it would nice to get rid of that crossover manifold. When I go RB I plan to go for it. Some people on this forum fabricate their own, I just don't have those kind of skills.

I can source some for you if you need. Let me know which route you want to go.

One of my customers has a stock RB25 with 264 cams, the GReddy intake with Q45, 80mm throttle, Innovative T66 turbo on a Trust SUS manifold, 700cc injectors, and Electromotive TEC3. 501 WHP @ 1.5kg boost.

Nice! The intake manifold must flow ok then!

Does anyone know what the XS-Power intake and exhaust manifolds are like? i think they are made in China.

I currently have the Greddy intake on my RB25 and it is a very high quality part however, the fitment of it in the 240Z is tight. I had to machine about an inch off the end of my Q45 throttle body and weld a 3.5" OD bent tube onto the end of the throttle body in order to clear the inner fender. Welding on the throttle body was difficult because the material has a lot of zink in it causing it to pit and pop. If you weld onto it, be patient. I would weld onto it then grind it down, then do it all over again. It took about 4 times before the welds looked good.

I currently have the Greddy intake on my RB25 and it is a very high quality part however, the fitment of it in the 240Z is tight. I had to machine about an inch off the end of my Q45 throttle body and weld a 3.5" OD bent tube onto the end of the throttle body in order to clear the inner fender. Welding on the throttle body was difficult because the material has a lot of zink in it causing it to pit and pop. If you weld onto it, be patient. I would weld onto it then grind it down, then do it all over again. It took about 4 times before the welds looked good.

Would you happen to have a photo of this? Also which Q45 Throttle Body are you using? Does the Throttle Body bolt directly to the Greddy Manifold? I am planning to upgrade to a Q45 TB and a Q45 MAF.

Thank You.

I can try to post a picture for you (although I am a little embarrassed by the welds on it at the moment). I have the throttle body out of a 94 Q45. It has a 80mm throttle plate and a 90mm opening. The TB will bolt directly on to the manifold without any modification however, the throttle cable will need to be mounted somehow. I plan on making a steel bracket (obviously strongly supported) to hold the cable. This will probably bolt where the engine hoist loop currently is on the RB25.

I can try to post a picture for you (although I am a little embarrassed by the welds on it at the moment). I have the throttle body out of a 94 Q45. It has a 80mm throttle plate and a 90mm opening. The TB will bolt directly on to the manifold without any modification however, the throttle cable will need to be mounted somehow. I plan on making a steel bracket (obviously strongly supported) to hold the cable. This will probably bolt where the engine hoist loop currently is on the RB25.

Don't be embarassed, you can weld, you're already one up on me.

• 1 month later...

Okay, sorry for bringing a post back from the dead.

I just picked this up today. It's the GReddy RB25DET manifold. I was a little upset at the paint finish on the manifold, I contacted GReddy via email right now and hopefully they'll replace it since they're about 15-20 minutes away from me. Otherwise it's nice and clean, all the important vacuum lines and most things are on the bottomside to keep it nice and clean.

Anyone know of a good polisher in SoCal? I might just want to polish the heck out of this thing and make it nice and forget about getting a replacement.

Plenum1.jpg

Plenum2.jpg

Plenum3.jpg

Guest JAMIE T

That is nice! Can you look to see if the ports remain in an oval shape, as in, do they transition to round or do they remain kinda oval shaped? The guy who flowed my head also had the intake(I'm talking RB26 intake with individual TB's) to flow with it and said the transition the injector portion of the intake makes from the shape of the port in the head to the round port of each throttle blade is a restriction due to it going from the big round port to the smaller oval port. That it would actually have a higher flow if it had the oval port continue to the plenum. Obviously using a single TB like the Q45.

how much was the intake im thinking of going with the greddy but yours looks like it has a built in fuel rail

It was pretty pricey, you could probably buy the Greedy part for less. That is not a fuel rail, its part of the water gallery. It was a R33 Rb25DE item prior to getting cut up.

That is nice! Can you look to see if the ports remain in an oval shape, as in, do they transition to round or do they remain kinda oval shaped? The guy who flowed my head also had the intake(I'm talking RB26 intake with individual TB's) to flow with it and said the transition the injector portion of the intake makes from the shape of the port in the head to the round port of each throttle blade is a restriction due to it going from the big round port to the smaller oval port. That it would actually have a higher flow if it had the oval port continue to the plenum. Obviously using a single TB like the Q45.

Jamie,

Have just had a look, the standard runners actually go from oval to round anyway (on mine anyway R33 RB25 item). The standard runners have been cut where they are round and the new part of the runner which is also round welds to that.

how much was the intake im thinking of going with the greddy but yours looks like it has a built in fuel rail

I got mine for $578. Usually it's $595 my cost. So if they have it in stock, I can get it to you next week for $595. I can get a bunch load of other stuff for wholesale too if you need, I'm in Orange County.

Here are pictures of the other stuff...

Plenum4.jpg

Plenum5.jpg