HybridZ

wheel spacers cheap!

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=4540090778&rd=1

On the auction it says they are custom made to your specs - any size and bolt pattern and will make them 1" to 4" wide. Will that work for z and zx cars? I don't know the exact offset stuff for the z or zx. If the specs are within what they will make, these are almost $100 cheaper than that of modern motorsports. :cheers:

Does he already know the spec #'s for z and zx? I know they are different.... right? Modern motorsports sells both and the zx are more $$$. What would I need to tell this guy in terms of spec #'s to make them for a zx?

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=4540090778&rd=1

On the auction it says they are custom made to your specs - any size and bolt pattern and will make them 1" to 4" wide. Will that work for z and zx cars? I don't know the exact offset stuff for the z or zx. If the specs are within what they will make' date=' these are almost $100 cheaper than that of modern motorsports. :cheers:[/quote']One of the things that makes Modern Motorsports adapters work so well is the thickness that he uses. You have to assume that Ross spent considerable time and money on determining what the proper thickness should be so that you can use Honda offset wheels and get the biggest tire possible to fit in the stock wheel well (I'm using his adapters with 225/45 17s). Understandably, he's generally not willing to just tell you the width so that you can go somewhere else and get them made cheaper by someone else. I think you should pay the extra and get the right product from someone that knows what will work on your car.

My advice !!! Go with Ross and Modern Motorsports adapters. I bought a set approx a year ago from another vendor with the claim " made to fit your spec and/or Datsun Z. Put them on the car 17 x7 wheel/ 215-40 17 tire, from 55 to 70 mph wheels would shake. Took the wheels/tires and adapters and put them on gary's Z and he had the same issue of shaking and vibration 55-70. I sold Gary the wheels/tires and he bought Ross's adapters and the wheel shake was gone. Some areas of your car, you can cut corners and/or look for a better deal, however with adapters rather Honda to Nissan, or 4 to 5 lug conversion, find someone that has them already and get some feedback. By the way I destroyed the adapters, could not return to vendor after the 30 day return period, and I was not going to sell something that possibly could have injured someone. This was a lesson for me.

The bolt patterns are the same for both the Z and ZX, with a 4 bolt pattern.

Yes the bolt pattern is. What about thickness of spacer? Why does modern motorsports sell two different spacers?

I am all for supporting our fellow z merchants..... BUT $240 + shipping for adaptors for a zx.... come on!!!! That's over or half the price of the rims. Sorry but I would take my chances with another vendor first. Also the rims that I want to use are not honda offset and I am pretty sure are something else - so his adaptor will not work. What is the stock zx tire offset?

Can anyone say they have used ZX spacers on a Z??? Ross emailed me and said the specs were different. I dont know if they will work or not. AZguy, would you be interested in my ZX Modern Motorsports adapters if they wont work for me? I can sell them to you very cheap compared to the $240 brand new.

:confused2 Yes, the 280ZX and 240Z patterns are the same. I have used the same wheel spacers on both. Have wheels from both and they both fit each other. The only problem you may have, is for the thickness of the spacer you would need. The 280ZX has different trailing arms on the back. So you will need to know how much back spacing you plan on having with the 280ZX. But other then that, it has the same bolt pattern 4X4.5. The trailing arm on the 280ZX is like the Datsun 510 and not like the 240Z. Take care, Rich.:twak: