HybridZ

Looking for engine mounts in canada..

Guest 70datsun240

Guest 70datsun240

Does anyone know of a place to get a complete engine/tranny mounting kit for my 70 240z? Ive decided to go with a csb 350, just cause i have one, but undecided on a tranyy, somthing manual. But i would like to find a complete kit for this like engine/tranny mounts, correct size drive shaft, cooling parts, etc. Anyone know of where i can find? thanks.

I hardly think there is the need here for sarcasm.

He has a legitimate question.

...In Canada...

Duty on US parts is 23% plus tax.

By the time a part gets here from JTR the price can easily double. It is preferable to not to import goods from the US and hence the need for locally procured parts and smugglers.

70datsun240:

Try talking to

Canadian Speed & Machine Inc

416-746-8999

68 Millwick Drive,

North York, ON M9L 1Y3

Get ALL your info on the JTR kit and talk to Heather. She will find the parts or the shop can make them. They have worked on a GNZ car in the past and found rare cams and racing parts for my V12. They are good people.

A few years ago I bought an engine/tranny mount kit for my 85 RX7 from a guy just south of Ottawa. Buisness name is Python conversions I believe. (He also builds a complete body kit for the rx7 that resembles a viper crosed with a vette.. really nice looking) He was a good guy, and the kit worked well. Now, fitting a sbc in a first get rx7 is a tighter squeze, but similar in concept to a Z.. Maybe try contacting him and see if he can help you out. I'm thinking if there were enough intrest from folks in Canada, he might build a kit for the Z car..