HybridZ

Fender mirrors

CruxGNZ

nissan mounted the mirrors on the fenders to make the car narrower. If the mirrors were mounted on the doors like other cars' date=' that would be the widest point of the car and the widest point is what Jap car makers were taxed on.

Anyways I would just run a small fiberglass bumper, like the 240 style, that IC looks mean[/quote']

Interesting. I have always wondered why Japanese cars had the mirrors so far forward. Must be a real beotch to adjust when they get bumped in a parking lot.

I know a grill doesn't help much, but I would worry about rocks taking out that unprotected IC. Even a slight deflection could make a difference. Think what a small animal would do.

Z's are notorious for having too large of a radiator opening. All that air entering the engine compartment actually causes the front end to lift at speed. Not to mention the increased drag (sort of like riding a bike with your mouth open). I don't know that a G nose wouldn't increase the cooling flow through the IC. It might smooth out the air flow.

Just a thought.

Interesting. I have always wondered why Japanese cars had the mirrors so far forward. Must be a real beotch to adjust when they get bumped in a parking lot.

Im pretty sure they are spring loaded so if that hit anything or some body, they wont get hurt to bad. I think the original ones were that way, and the originals also had wires in the car to adjust from the inside? Someone correct me if im wrong?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Have You Thought Of Forming A Fiberglass Or Sheet Metal Tunnel To Force All The Incoming Air Directly Through The Fmic With Out Any Deterant? It Would Increase The Cooling And Look Better Than Just A Hole.

The mirrors are real JDM fender mirrors. They are spring loaded which I was relieved to find out when I strted to look at them, because I was concerned about them getting busted off by some little punk. They are very easy to adjust. You just lossen a philips screw and turn the mirror clockwise or counter clockwise to find the angle that suits you.

I guess I should worry about little rocks and what not hitting the intercooler. My last airdam was folded under my Z by a racoon that wanted to see it up close while I was driving.

Have You Thought Of Forming A Fiberglass Or Sheet Metal Tunnel To Force All The Incoming Air Directly Through The Fmic With Out Any Deterant? It Would Increase The Cooling And Look Better Than Just A Hole.

I was thinking of something along those lines made out of fiberglass. The tunnel would wrap around just the intercooler core. I'll probably have to make it out of 3 pieces. A piece on each side, with a lower piece attached to the airdam. With those on there, maybe I can fit a mesh grill and it won't look to much like I'm trying to fill in that area.

!M!

I would LOVE to get a G-nose! But' date=' then I'm not sure how well air would flow to the intercooler.

!M![/quote']

You could cut some politically correct holes in it for cooling. Say like maybe GTO style?

But a little polish on what is already there would have more wow factor.

Nice work so far Matt!