HybridZ

Fender mirrors

CruxGNZ

These fender mirrors are cool! I got help on the measurements from Alan (HS30-H), who has them on his car installed from the factory. Thanks again Alan! It's wierd, the mirrors aren't symetric as I had first thought. Here's the thread that he pointed me to: click here If anyone wants to put these mirrors on, go to that link and use those dimmensions.

3411_p63613.jpeg

3411_p63614.jpeg

!M!

Did you consider mounting them closer to you? I have seen some older cars with the Talbots on the fender just a little ahead of where the access doors are on the fender. IMO, anywhere forward of that, and you'll need 20/20+ vision to look through them. And if it's raining, you won't see didly. :(

I was even thinking of substituting 3 inch convex mirrors for the flat ones.

thx

Guest ON3GO

no grill! show that fmic with pride like i do with the blue Z!

it shows you dont play around!

that looks great and thanks for the info!

ill be installing my black fender mirrors on the Hulk once i get here in my arms :D

mike

Visibility is a 7 out of 10. If the mirrors were more convex, it would be great (they seem slightly convex). I installed the mirrors per Alan's measurements. I figure the Nissan guys put them there for a reason and if I put them anywhere else, it might look kind of odd. When your sitting in the drivers seat, you just need to look with your eyes to see the passenger side mirror, you don't need to turn your neck at all, which I found really wierd. It will take some getting used to. So far, I like it.

As for the grill... *huff* I like the way it looks with the intercooler in your face, you know, all business. BUT, I think the front end lacks that "something"... but I don't know what yet. I have saved pretty near 100 photo's of different grills, airdams, ect., but none appeal to me. This is actually the first time I have been stuck on something that would be aesthetically pleasing to me. I've done very good in the "looks" area of my past vehicles, but this big open area is just so difficult for some reason. Mesh... no, small horizontal bars... no, small vertical bars... no. I think this area needs more help, like forming a sculptured area out of 'glass. But the more I think about it, the more I think the Shelby Cobra looks great without a grill covering its "mouth". The time has come for my ideas to be put to paper and see if I can do something. My friends idea was to make some carbon fiber fillers for where the bumper was, between the headlight bucket and the front airdam, and I thought that with this modification AND leaving the grill open (but clean it up a bit, make it more smooth), it might look good enough. Heck just playing around with colors in the front end could have a profound effect. We'll see...

!M!

nissan mounted the mirrors on the fenders to make the car narrower. If the mirrors were mounted on the doors like other cars, that would be the widest point of the car and the widest point is what Jap car makers were taxed on.

Anyways I would just run a small fiberglass bumper, like the 240 style, that IC looks mean

Very good point, Matt must have cash

Haha! No, I'm just your everyday Joe that has been putting together this car for a few years. Thanks for the compliments though guys!

I would LOVE to get a G-nose! But, then I'm not sure how well air would flow to the intercooler. I'll take your idea into consideration 2126. Maybe a fiberglass front bumper painted a satin black with a 432 grill painted the same? I'll scetch it out and see how it looks. Eventually the Z will get painted a gun metal grey with satin black accents, no shiney stuff.

!M!

Guest ON3GO

mat this might not be your cup of tea but the air dam with a black lower trim would really set it up..

i can do a shatty as$ Photoshop of it if you like.

mike

Garrett,

Shut your mouth fool lol. Who in the world would be scared of three datsuns that have not moved under their own power (combined) for last 2 years :) but yeaaahhhh majn be affraid very affraid lol.

Ps. Matt we all know that you are super duper baller and $$$$$$$ is no issue for ya hehehehe.

Ivan