HybridZ

Arrrgh! Line Lock trouble!

Wow time flies! It seems like yesterday I was installing the brakes and here we are in 2008! I find it difficult to comprehend where the time goes.

The line lock valve was faulty. Dave at AZC sent me a new one. The line lock works fine. Don't trust it to keep your car parked on a hill. It will hold fine until it lets go and then... Just use it for flat parking and quick parking in addition to a rock under the tires.

I'm interested too. I've been considering this kit as an option at some point.

Side note: Why wouldn't you keep the line lock on the front brakes? They could act as a parking brake there just as well as the back and still work for burnouts, right?

Yes it would. But to run the front brake lines into the cabin is another project separate from installing the brake kit.

• 1 year later...

Wow old thread.... When I took out the "frozen" line lock, I squeezed the button in the vice and the fluid squirted back out the ports. The new line lock has been fine ever since.

With the full Wilwood AZC kit on a 280Z you need to use a 15/16" ZX master and leave all the original brake stuff in place....the safety and factory prop valve included. The rear AZC brakes grab much stronger than the stockers and need to be proportioned down with pressure. Dave at AZC told me this, so I did it this way. The Willwood prop valve is now set somewhere in the middle of it's range. If you remove the 280Z prop valve, the Willwood would propably be all the way at the end of it's adjustment range.