HybridZ

Project Updates

Mikelly

Yes, I've actually been working on my Zcar over the last few weeks, can you believe it? I'll actuall yhave to start cleaning out the pics and post new ones...

I mounted my accusump in the firewall under where my dash should be. I also plan to wire the MSD and Coil in side the same area, and possibly the vacuum cannister. We'll see.

On the engine side of the house, I finished up cutting my oil pan up, welding it up, and bolting the bottom of the motor back up... Only to find my header still hits on the driver's side... I may just ding the header in the required area and call it a day... Only issue is the header is coated already... nice... I got the harmonic balancer bolted up and found I have enough thread to torque the bolt to 75Ft# torque, so I guess my crank threads are cool... may still get a keensert at some point... Now I need some water pump spacers so I can get the belts aligned...

I welded up seat frame mounts for the Corbeaus and have painted the fabricated areas of the floorpans... I was able to lower the seats into the floor better for helmet clearance and some seat angle adjustment.

I also bolted on Jamie's aluminum hubs on my Z, along with the Caliper mount for the PBR calipers from Ford. I'll be using the Cobra caliper now and just today sold the Vette calipers I was planning to use. Next I'll plumb the brake lines,fuel lines, oil filter relocation mount, catch can for the radiator, and a host of other bits... I'm getting closer!

I pulled the MML rotors, hats, and aluminum hub assemblies off Jim's car and replaced them with a custom setup by River City Speed... Nothing wrong with Ross' Extreme 13inch brake package, but it was the wrong offset for Jim's wheel setup, and the stock 240hub was required. If you're interested in the rotors and aluminum hubs, let me know offline and check the ad in the forsale section under brakes!

Fun Fun FUN!

Mike

YUp, progress is good! I'll be at the Shop with the fabricator tuning Jim's car on Saturday. We're using the same software and standalone ECU on his and mine, so I'll learn quite a bit.

I'm surprised no one has contacted me over the aluminum hubs and Extreme 13INch 2piece MML rotor package... Heck of a deal... I'd keep them for myself if I didn't end up with Jamie's hub design!

Mike

I'm surprised no one has contacted me over the aluminum hubs and Extreme 13INch 2piece MML rotor package... Heck of a deal... Mike

To say the least!

Wow, so how many months has it been for Jim`s car?

Is the paint done or is that next?

Will Jim and his car been at your place on the 30th?

I`m looking forward to see it.

I know Rufus, I thought of you when I picked up the parts on Tuesday!

Doug, the paint damage was repaired and the interior is complete (Again!). I'll let Jim comment on the paint, since it is his car and he has yet to see the roofline in direct sunlight!

Got a call yesterday evening from the shop (I get 3-10 per week!) with a report on the tire fitment with the new hubs and brakes bolted up... Our tire clearance issues are fixed... The backspacing issue with the rims caused all this mess, but we're past that now...

Just to clarify, Ross' Hubs WERE NOT the issue... Jim ordered his hubs from Ross, not knowing the offset difference, then ordered his wheels from CCW with a backspacing identical to the wheels we replaced. THAT was the issue... Now we're back to a 240Z style aluminum front hub!

Mike

Guest JAMIE T

I'm glad to hear the spacing problems are taken care of Mike! I know it fixed my space problems. Remember when I first brought my wheels to your place last year and the front sit about a 1/4" beyond the ZG flare, I was devestated. So I went and had the parts made to make them fit. I need to send Sven's, and Stan's out. I hope to get to that before the weekend. I'm still HOPING to have some stuff to show-off at the shindig.

Guest JAMIE T

Ross' hubs are copies of the Z31, 84-89 300ZX hubs which are common 5-lug hub upgrade for 240Z-280Z's. They sit the wheel 3/4" out from the stock S30 location.

Ross is now making a 240Z offset aluminum hub... The key differences in Ross and Jamie's is that Jamie's center cap is attached differently, and Jamie has his unit drilled for both FORD and CHEVY bolt patterns and he employed screw in studs... Beyond that, they are both good units...

Jamie left mine in their natural aluminum/clear finish and they look AWESOME!

Mike