HybridZ

Just got a Z

Guest TegRacer324

Guest TegRacer324

Just picked up a Z tonight. May have payed a little too much as it's kinda in pieces right now, but the rust work has been taken care of for the most part in general. The motor was rebuilt too, but that's ok cause I want to get another motor for it anyway. It's at least got coilovers all the way around with tockikos, who I'm not too fond of, but it works. I just can't wait for the fun to begin. :mrgreen: I'll post pics next week when I actually get it.

Oh yeah I guess I also forgot to mention it was a 73 240.

Guest TegRacer324

Oh yeah I should probably ask this while I'm here. Is there like a haynes or chilton book for these cars? I know I'm sure as hell gonna need it puttin this baby back together.

Congrats on the new Z!

Yes both Haynes and Chiltons offer a manual for the Z cars. If your car is in many pieces you may also find the Victoria British catalog helpful. There are many exploded diagrams of the car and they offer many hard to find replacement nuts and bolts as well. http://www.victoriabritish.com/z_zx_cat_page.htm

Guest TegRacer324

Thanks for the link I made sure to order one.

I live up by hartford right by Manchester. Gonna be kinda a haul with no throttle linkage and windshields. Those are definately the first things to get fixed.

I second the Factory Service Manual. To see the details it gives you, just look at my "sticky"'s in the Brakes, Wheels, Suspension, and Chassis forum and the Ignition and Electrical sub-forum of Engine Components. Those diagrams were scanned directly from it. A Factory Service Manual can be had for around $10-$40 depending on condition.

!M!

Guest TegRacer324

Where should I search for one in the forums here? ebay? They make replicas anywhere?

And Airjockie and Aux, what is this CSi?

Where should I search for one in the forums here? ebay? They make replicas anywhere?

And Airjockie and Aux' date=' what is this CSi?[/quote']

:-D

There is a life after Honda's...althought....I still got another Honda beast to build...and I'm looking for another Z...plus the Z I have now will get more work done to it....and I'm still banned from CSI...but I stick to Hondaswap for now...and also IFX, DGTA, RPR,...etc

Guest TegRacer324

Thanks for the link. Hopefully none of you bastards outbid me on it.

haha yeah I think of it more as I saw the light. Didn't know you got banned though. There's gonna be a meet in May in RI. Maybe I can tow the Z down there for everyone to see.