HybridZ

Redoing our old GTO

chelle

• 4 weeks later...

Heya guys!

yup, girls work ourcars for fun too!

We are going to send the car to paint either tomorrow afternoon or tues, just depends on me getting a tiny bit more sanding done in the morning after we take dog to see the Vet

I thought it would be nice to post some pics showing before all this started and what we felt should be changed and what it looks like just before going for paint.

Before pics show the car at the veterans hospital show last year.

The rear view shows

gas filler in wrong place

hatchback

wrong doorhandles

Front shows

too large grill openings

fender vents in wrong position

missing vents behind doors

hood opening too large

Z-car access doors at cowl

seperate cowl panel

missing access panel in front of hood

hood not bulged accurately

Unseen in these pics is it had a 2.8 ltr 6 cyl and was left hand drive and was missing three of the GTO''s trademark grill openings

previously posted after pics show it's now a nearly 6 liter V12, right hand drive, with a trunk and vents behind the doors.

And tonights pics show the finished vents

shaved off driprails

doors fixed for GTO style buttons

corrected grill opening

corrected sized other nose openings, including the ones under the grill. (side note- I have only seen one other GTO replica without an aluminum body that has had the openings below the grill !! )

Corrected hood opening allows the radiator access panel to be cut out. (in these pics the hood opening is marked but not cut out)

Corrected hood bulge

corrected fender vents behind the front wheels,

I'm sure there is more things I was going to mention but am so tired i'm getting more absent minded

will post pics when it's back from paint!!

Chelle

here's before:

GTO-before0127_4.jpg

vet3.jpg

vet39.jpg

vet44.jpe

After:

GTOvent0033.jpg

GTOdoor0034.jpg

Building the new openings under the grill

GTO-nosemods0001.jpg

GTO-nosemods0005.jpg

GTO-nosemods0006.jpg

GTO-nosemods0007.jpg

GTO-nosemods0008.jpg

GTO-nosemods0012.jpg

GTO-nosemods0013.jpg

GTO-nosemods0014.jpg

GTO-nosemods0016.jpg

GTO-nosemods0017.jpg

Wow Chelle, the car looks absolutely awesome!!!! By switching to the nose, adding to the wheelbase, adding the trunk and all the other little details it will make it really tough to tell the difference between your car and a real one. Are you using the trunk kit from Tom Edwards (Scorpion Z Cars)?

Did you ever consider using a real Ferrari V12? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4553774636&category=6212

I am amazed by all the work you are doing to it. You may shame me into redoing mine.

Please post a bunch of pics when you get it painted.

Thanx !

We got the trunk and a few other parts from Tom :)

really happy with how the car is coming - though it's still going too slow lol..

I wanted a real ferrari engine but the sidedraft DOHC engines that are sorta affordable are too wide.. and a decent SOHC engine is $15k-$20k. This was a nice compromise.

Your car is nice already though - ours had really tired paint and needed to be redone... we just went a bit extreme

As soon as it's back from paint we will post lots of pics

Chelle

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car went to paint last week :)

Thought I'd post a few pics of the dayit headed off to paint as well assome split pics to show before and after. Keep in mind the "after" shots are after mods, but before paint.

I can't wait to show everyone what it looks like after paint!

Chelle

GTO-2paint378.jpg

GTO-2paint366.jpg

GTO-2paint00382.jpg

GTO-2paint383.jpg

beforenafter1.jpg

beforenafter2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alpha 1

Did not want to post this here but not sure of what to do. I recently purchased from Chelle her front clip and wiring harness. She did get the clip to me but not the harness. I Have been attempting to contact her by phone and email on countless occasions but no response. I am hoping by posting here she will respond back to me as to why no harness? My progress with my project is at a standstill until I solve the wiring problem. I am not sure if I need to look elsewhere for the harness or what?

Any suggestions?

Last time she was online at HZ was last evening at 17h45.

Well Tim, you're sorta correct

The last time my computer connected to the site was then, but I have it set to log in here automatically and my start page is hybridz.org... so whenever my roomie gets online odds are good it loads this site first and sometimes she browses this site a little too

Anyway - I work for the military and occasionally get pulled away for days at a time with not much chance to get online - and military buildings are bad for cell phones (they are expressly banned in many areas).

For that reason friends sometimes don't hear from me for up to 2 weeks at a time and when I do get back I am buried in e-mail (yesterday I still had over 3000 unread e-mails in my inbox) This is why I haven't posted any updates about the car - I just hadn't had much chance to work on it. I've been back about a week now and am trying to get caught up - it's probably too late tonight to call Tom (he's on east coast) but am off all day tomorrow and will box up a few things for him and give him a call. He called me the day I got back but I was too busy to talk and honestly forgot to call back.

On the plus side the car is painted finally, but I'm weeks behind on reassembly

Chelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Alpha 1

Chelle:

I know you must be reading these posts and you visit the website often. I want to thank you for totaly ignoring my repeated phone calls and emails about the missing wiring harness. I could wait no longer and purchased an entire 280Z off ebay just to get the harness I needed. The one I expected to be getting from you and was promised.

Sorry for sounding so hateful but extremly frustrated that a fellow enthusistat could be be like this.

So Chelle, Dont bother sending the harness, like you would anyways.