HybridZ

RB Single Pulley? Anyone know where to find one?

240Z_Master

Many of you have RBs, and I notice that there is room for three belts on the crank pulley. 99.9% tells me I'm only going to use the one for the water pump/alt. Otherwise, the other is free rotating mass that I do not need.

Anyone know of where to get one? Or who makes one? Even more importantly, should I get one or stick with the stock one? Balance issues?

EDIT: Another question should be what other Nissan crank pulleys work? SR20DET? Z32?

depending of how bad it is you may need a new one... or take the old belt to car quest or napa auto,and let them get you something similar... same grooves...

for aftermarket:

check Phase2motorrend.com for the v-belt...:icon3: or rbmotoring.com...

it should be one for A/C, one power sterring, and one alt+W/P... I'm trying to get power steering, It would be a nice upgrade...:)

I won't really need Power Steering since i'm in an S30 Chassis.

The A/C, nope, aint gonna have it.

Mainly a lightweight pulley like the stuff they make for SR20's. I'll check with my buddies over @ RB Motoring and Phase 2 mainly does SR stuff.

I don't think this is for the SR but GReddy makes sets like this...

PULLEY.JPG

Another question should be what other Nissan crank pulleys work? SR20DET? Z32? I realized that they don't make a lot of single belt pulleys for these types of application usually have Power Steering, but I don't need it or A/C.

sup?

Phase 2 has the belt so does Rbmotoring, call them, if the don't show it in the web the should have it in the store or they can get it for you... you can take the stock pulleys and get them machine made in aluminum, I have a guy in L.A that is working in the pulleys right now... I would check on the guy... smoothlinez.com I'm not too sure... he make machine work... I check for you an send you a P.M.

let me know what you find....

I don't think this is for the SR but GReddy makes sets like this...

PULLEY.JPG

It is for the SR. does are the only one they have in the usa' date=' plus RX7, ect...[/quote']

If you look at my post thats what i said also... But Im more concerned with the crank pulley.

• 2 years later...

I'm looking for the same thing because I'd like more radiator clearance to put on a big puller fan. There are a few threads on the ATI 800hp damper kit where it's kinda hard to tell but it looks like it's a three piece set and you can just leave off the top two. Although that hasn't been the goal of the topic so no one has mentioned it--most of them are incorporating a/c. Still, it's a bit pricey. I'm wondering if you can just buy the one piece and not have to waste the money on the other two if it is in fact doable.

http://rbmotoring.com/gallery/album283/aaa

So the ati one is two pieces? The outermost pulley being removable and the inner two being one unit? I hate how on the stock unit, the outer pulley is what holds the whole thing together.

The piece I have has room for two belts, one is the Water/Alt belt, the other is for what I think was power steering, and the removable one was for AC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the outer third pulley is confirmed that it can be removed as I have removed it on mine.

The only thing left is to get it hooked up and running! So, like everything is left basically. As you can see I already have a plate in mind. Probably taken already. I saw a yellow z today but I think it was a 260. There's a white one in buena park I see all the time and a flat black one down the street that never seems to move. There sure aren't very many of us!

I think for now I'm going to try to cut down the cowling on a fatty two speed fan I'm planning on scoring for free. Otherwise I was going to look into machining off that a/c pulley. I'd like to have a/c someday, but that's a LONG ways from now at the rate I'm going.

You guys are gonna think Im crazy...I had clearance issues between my electric fan motor and that 3rd groove of the pully. So I cut that 3rd groove off. I then took a file and carefully smoothed the surface flat and even...painted and installed it and away I went.

Runs smooth. THis may not be the best option for extreme horsepower cars but it worked for my application.

Im not worried.....If I have problems I will rebuild. I never did a build in the first place as the engine was tight. We will see, I was careful to keep it as even as possible and there were no balance marks in that 3rd pully.

You guys are gonna think Im crazy...I had clearance issues between my electric fan motor and that 3rd groove of the pully. So I cut that 3rd groove off. I then took a file and carefully smoothed the surface flat and even...painted and installed it and away I went.

Runs smooth. THis may not be the best option for extreme horsepower cars but it worked for my application.

Seriously, go get that thing balanced... it will save you a lot of pain down the line... it's not worth throwing out your bearings, then rebuilding your car from the ground up, the amount of money that takes and time that you can't enjoy your Z because you made a bonehead decision is not worth it. Just go for the OMG i'm cool option of getting the ATI Damper